Independence of the Seas

I have just recently returned from two weeks on the independence of the seas, most of it was awesome, RCI deserves some plaudits for building of this

ship, good points being bigger staterooms, flat screen televisions on the wall.

Being platinum members did help with the little extras( in a D1 stateroom with a much larger balcony). I had absolutely no complaints towards the food. I really honestly felt the ship was just a larger "Explorer" with improvements.

Due to the fact it was a larger ship, my Wife,Son and I found there were more

families on board, hence it was quite noisy in the evenings, my other complaint was how many photgraphs did RCI expect you to purchase,every evening they were out in force in every spare corner touting for you to have your picture, I found this a bit too much. Overall though we had a very good

holiday and were glad to sample life aboard the Independence. With this in mind I am leaving my link with webshots for anyone to view. Happy cruising

everyone.

http://community.webshots.com/user/payman21038

payman

We sailed R.C.I. Independence of the Seas on its Maiden Voyage to Cork. Yes the rooms where very nice, but being new things where slow, shortage of some stock, we didnt expect a bed of roses. But I must agree with the Photos, every way you turned there was a Lens pointed at you. Every C&A Member got a Baseball Cap with Logo, A Photo of her on her first test Sailing and a DVD with random footage of the first passengers to sail on her

I have just recently returned from two weeks on the independence of the seas, most of it was awesome, RCI deserves some plaudits for building of this

ship, good points being bigger staterooms, flat screen televisions on the wall.

Being platinum members did help with the little extras( in a D1 stateroom with a much larger balcony). I had absolutely no complaints towards the food. I really honestly felt the ship was just a larger "Explorer" with improvements.

Due to the fact it was a larger ship, my Wife,Son and I found there were more

families on board, hence it was quite noisy in the evenings, my other complaint was how many photgraphs did RCI expect you to purchase,every evening they were out in force in every spare corner touting for you to have your picture, I found this a bit too much. Overall though we had a very good

holiday and were glad to sample life aboard the Independence. With this in mind I am leaving my link with webshots for anyone to view. Happy cruising

everyone.

http://community.webshots.com/user/payman21038

payman

First of all thank you for your mini review. I will be sailing on her in Sept. 2009. Can't wait!!! Thanks for the link I will be sure to take a look at you IOS snapshots.:D I think the photographers were all around because this is the first year that IOS is sailing and they want everything bigger and better. I will purchase a few like the boarding and formal evening photos but no much extra. I am gald to hear there were no complaints regarding the food. And the time of year I am going the kids should be back at school so not that much noise.

We sailed R.C.I. Independence of the Seas on its Maiden Voyage to Cork. Yes the rooms where very nice, but being new things where slow, shortage of some stock, we didnt expect a bed of roses. But I must agree with the Photos, every way you turned there was a Lens pointed at you. Every C&A Member got a Baseball Cap with Logo, A Photo of her on her first test Sailing and a DVD with random footage of the first passengers to sail on her

Nice gifts for C&A members. I wonder what they will give out next year to C&A members. Hope it is good stuff.:)

Enjoyed reading your review,and browsing your photos.My family are sailing next July.Did you fly down to Southampton? Also,don't know what age your son is,but i need advice on formal wear for my 12 year old,if you can help please? We have cruised Ocean Village before and made good use of this site then,but this ship is a whole new world!!

Thank you for the quick review and pictures! Can you tell me what kinds of things other than pizza they had at Sorrentos?

We just got back from our Independence cruise. Sorrentos usually had 3 - 4 different kinds of pizza (cheese, cheese & pepperoni, daily special), some days they had panini sandwiches; a selection of antipasti that also varied, but included olives, cheese - baby mozzarella or marinated feta cheese, prosciutto, others I can't remember. They usually had biscotti and either coconut macaroons or amaretti cookies (our favorite); a selection of other desserts (usually chilled in cups); they also offered italian sodas - flavored with vanilla, key lime, and a couple of other flavors. I know this isn't a complete list, but should give you an idea.

Thank you for the quick review and pictures! Can you tell me what kinds of things other than pizza they had at Sorrentos?

Not an exclusive list but from what I can remember.

Panini - small toasted sandwiches made with Italian bread,ham,cheese,and tomato.

Crostini - quite thin & crispy garlic bread slices.

Mozzerella cheese balls

Parma ham rolls

Fruit salad,chocolate pudding,biscuits.

Probally one or two other things but it is all delicious.Free coffee,tea,water.

Regards Doc07

Not an exclusive list but from what I can remember.

Panini - small toasted sandwiches made with Italian bread,ham,cheese,and tomato.

Crostini - quite thin & crispy garlic bread slices.

Mozzerella cheese balls

Parma ham rolls

Fruit salad,chocolate pudding,biscuits.

Probally one or two other things but it is all delicious.Free coffee,tea,water.

Regards Doc07

Doc07, You must have had a good time on the Indy, looking at all your forward bookings, Why dont you do a back to back on the 15th August 09. :)

Doc07, You must have had a good time on the Indy, looking at all your forward bookings, Why dont you do a back to back on the 15th August 09. :)

I LOVE SUITES,

Lucky you,I see you have a trip on her very soon.

Yes Independence suited us brilliantly,it was our first cruise and we were knocked out by her,met some lovely people-crew and fellow passengers.Minor gripes but nothing to spoil a great experience.

Have never considered a B2B at all,maybe something to look into in the future.Although our daughter is now at university full time my wife misses her dog after 14 nights! LOL

Regards Doc07 :)

Yes ,we flew down from Glasgow with Flybe, 1hour 15mins, my son is in his forties, most of the young lads we saw on the formal nights wore a dark suit,white shirt and tie. Hope you enjoy your cruise, just ask if you have any more questions

Archived