Cruise ships anchor where in Kona?

luv2travel2beaches

We were on the NCL Wind a few years ago and ate at a restaurant right by where the cruise ship anchors. We will be there in a few days and I am so anxious to find that restaurant again. They had the BEST fried fish I've ever had. Since we are not coming in on the cruise ship I need to know where to find the cruise ship area....any ideas?

We were on the NCL Wind a few years ago and ate at a restaurant right by where the cruise ship anchors. We will be there in a few days and I am so anxious to find that restaurant again. They had the BEST fried fish I've ever had. Since we are not coming in on the cruise ship I need to know where to find the cruise ship area....any ideas?

The tenders arrive at the dock that is at the interescetion of Alii dirve and Palani Road. This is next to the King Kamehameha Hotel. You can ask for directions to the hotel or enter it into your navigator. Very easy to find. The interesection of Palani Road and the Queen highway is a major intersection in Kona. Turn Makai (towards the sea) off the Queen's highway and follow it down to the ocean.

Some resturants have changed over the years, so you may or may not recognize the place you are looking for.

I am thinking that maybe you had your fried fish at Quinn's....which is just across the street (and a little to the left) from the tender pier. You will be tendering at the same place. The only other place I can think of was Kona Style Fish and Chips which was just down Ali'i drive a couple of blocks. Unfortunately, they are now closed. But, I have a feeling you ate at Quinn's last time....and they are still there. Enjoy!!

Archived