Family Cruise, Help!!!!!!!

ardie42

We promised our children we would take them on a cruise in June. We have 4 girls and one boy that range in age from 16-19. We live in Pittsburgh and would like to go to the Western Carribean. Four of us dive and would like to hit one of the Caymons. I need advice as to what kind of cabin/cabins. I saw a note about a family suite. What is this? Anyone have any advice??

Since their will be seven of you, you will need two cabins. The most any cruise line has is 5 but I think it is one cruise line only (Disney?). It will be easier and cheaper if you split it up into at least two cabins possible three if you can afford it. Min age in cabin of at least one person is 21 on Princess, so you may only be allowed two.

Since your children are 16-19 I would suggest either Carnival or RCCL (Voyager Class). Talk with a TA or go on line a price out what you want. Try arriving the day before so that you get rest before hand. Some hotels offer park and cruise programs where you can park free for the week while on the cruise. On your tickets you and your DH (Dear Husband) will have separate cabins which when you get to the ship you can get changed around.

Many cruisers get two cabins and have one be an outside( or better yet a blacony) and then book the one across the hall ( an inside) as that is the cheapest way to get the "kids" on and still have a nice cabin yourself. Your "kids" ( 19 is an adult here) will like having some privacy, and you will love having two bathrooms.

Ardie42...

Royal Caribbean has a Royal Family Suite...that sleeps 8 people. These typically get booked very quickly.

IMHO, Celebrity has the best food.

I think an inside for the four kids...and a balcony or suite for the parents. :D

Thanks for the help. I did book through Carnival TA. We got a balcony for 3 of us and an inside room for the girls. We are going on the Miracle June 12th and are very excited. We got a decent price and are looking at dive programs. Can't wait to go.

Archived