Flight Information

maggie0104

What would be the earliest safe time for a return flight home? The ship is due in port at 8am.

I'm checking Chicago - Miami flights for the beginning of January and the prices are outrageous, so we'd like to explore more flight options.

Thanks for the advice!

What would be the earliest safe time for a return flight home? The ship is due in port at 8am.

I'm checking Chicago - Miami flights for the beginning of January and the prices are outrageous, so we'd like to explore more flight options.

Thanks for the advice!

We've always looked at flying in the day before as well as returning the day after. So you may want to check either option, especially in January with the possibilty of weather hampering you flight schedules out of Chicago. You could also look at flying into Fort Lauderdale - sometimes the flights are a little less and the money you might save is great for your travel to the Port of Miami. Unfortuneatly, it's prime time for flying into Florida so it may take a bit of searching for that flight that will meet your budget.

As for flight timing - usually the later afternoon flights are less expensive, but I haven't searched in awhile so that may have changed. My guess would be don't book anything prior to noon and you shouldn't have any problems getting to the airport - depending on which airport you choose.

Thanks for the reply. We are planning to fly in a day before due to weather conditions in Chicago, and for the same reason we would like to return as soon as we can.

We are considering FLL, but at the moment those flights are even higher.

maggie - With the ship due in at 8 am, I would definitely NOT take an a.m. flight. If all goes well, you could make a noon flight, but who needs the anxiety?

watchdiva - kayak is a good suggestion, but I read just yesterday that they will no longer list AA flights in the near future. Don't know who severed the relationship, AA or Kayak. I use Orbitz for my flight research.

Thanks everyone, 1pm or later then.

I'll have to keep checking because I don't want to pay more than twice the regular fare. I'd rather use the money for the cruise ;) .

I didn't know about kayak, nice site. Too bad about AA though, they are one of the few direct carriers to Miami.

Thanks Rich, we're going a week earlier. Planning to leave on the 2nd, return on 10th, so right after New Years, which also factors into the price. Can't take the super early flight as we have to drop off the cat at the "hotel" after 7am.

I'm sure we'll find something right for us. There is still time.

Archived