Venice Left Luggage? Port, P.Roma or Train Station

We disembark in Venice and are spending the night at L.O. near San Marco. I know there is baggage storage at the port, Piazzle Roma bus terminal and train station.

I was thinking of leaving the big pieces at P. Roma and then retrieving them the next day when we have to take the train. My thinking is that we could then take the cheaper vaporotta to San Marco and return the same way the next day.

My question is, how far is the walk from P. Roma to train with big pieces of luggage?

We would think about taking our luggage with us if there was a direct transport from San Marco to train station.

Also I cannot find out how many can go in a water taxi with luggage. We are 8 people.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

One year we were 6 adults, bags, plus baby in pushchair - we fitted easily into a water taxi from the airport to Ferrovia (train station) I'd recommend emailing a water taxi company to ask their advice. We used www.motoscafivenezia.it

On our return, we took the vaporetto one stop to Piazzale Roma. There were lots of people with heavy bags. It isn't easy but it's doable

This year two of us were staying in a hotel near the train station - we left our heavy bags in the left luggage at Piazzale Roma as we did NOT want to pull them to the hotel or struggle onto a waterbus (Mum is nearly 80:) ). It isn't very far to walk, but there is one small and one big bridge - people were struggling to carry heavy bags over the bridges.

Archived