Shopping - better in st maarten or st thomas?

jratly

I am espeically interested in the knockoff women's bags but also just general shopping - thanks!

i did not find any in st thomas but did in st marten, however when i came home, i found them on line a lot cheaper..

search up designer replica handbags ;)

It is such a personal opinion...I have always loved shopping in St Maarten and have purchased mostly jewelry and loose stones. I try to always make sure that St Maartin is in the itinerary. St Thomas is nice but have never been able to get them to deal as much on jewelry. Both have nice stores. I have not bought purses, or seen any of the knock offs.

St. Thomas has knock off bags in their little tented market area and in St. Maarten go to the street behind Front Street, I think it is called Back Street?? There are many vendors. I don't do the knock off bags so I can't tell you how the prices are, sorry.

For jewelry we have always had better luck in St. Maarten, but get their before it is too crowded (if possible).

• 2 weeks later...

We found very good quality knock off LV, Gucci, CD and D&G on a few shops on Front St. LV we bought for $20 was excellent copy. Smaller shops and stalls in between Front and Back street selling wider ranges and cheaper prices, especially when you walked away!

Archived