Grizzly bear and cubs video

We took a video of a mama grizzly bear and cubs at Denali National Park in Alaska and I thought anyone traveling there might enjoy viewing it. She was trying to get the cubs across the stream. First time one of them followed her; second time neither cub went to her. Check it out:

That was an awesome film! How lucky you were to see grizzlies! On our Denali trip we saw one lone old grizzlie but we thought that was great. Your filming was so good, no shakes!! Happy trails.....Marian

Just fantastic!! We were in Alaska in May and it was a tad early for bears - probably there but just coming out of hibernation, but my biggest wish was to see them in the wild. No luck. Ended up visiting Grouse Mountain to see the 2 grizzlies there. "Your" cubs are so cute - did mum manage to get them across the creek?? She was so patient - I loved when the cubs stood up and put their arms up - almost begging mum to come and get them. Well done!!! You don't get that sort of footage on the professional nature films. Maybe its your calling???

janette:D :D

Just fantastic!! We were in Alaska in May and it was a tad early for bears - probably there but just coming out of hibernation, but my biggest wish was to see them in the wild. No luck. Ended up visiting Grouse Mountain to see the 2 grizzlies there. "Your" cubs are so cute - did mum manage to get them across the creek?? She was so patient - I loved when the cubs stood up and put their arms up - almost begging mum to come and get them. Well done!!! You don't get that sort of footage on the professional nature films. Maybe its your calling???

janette:D :D

Janette, thanks for your kind words. No, Mum didn't get them across. We were fortunate to have a great park shuttle bus driver who would stop and shut off the bus engine when we saw wildlife so we could just watch for awhile. We probably watched the bears for 15 or so minutes and shot the video from the open window of the bus, zooming in to see them as best as possible. I had to chuckle when one of the cubs shook the water off and wiggled his rear end! :) They were 'way up on the mountain and then came down a path to the creek. Just lucky to be in the right place at the right time!

Archived