Self Serve laundry facilties on the Jewel

debbiew19

yes, each has four washers and four dryers. They are not on every deck, though. I know there was one on deck 11, and I think there are two others. They get pretty busy on sea days. I found that the only times machines seemed to be available were early in the morning, during the evening dinner rush or when the ship is in port.

debbiew19 -

The laundry rooms are all on the starboard (right) side near the FWD elevators. In addition to the one on deck 11, there is one each on decks 9 (opposit cabin 9088 and 5 (opposite #5072). On our web site "Ship Details" you can see 2 pictures of the washer/dryer combos.

Are the laundry rooms on the Jewel available 24/7?

Yes they are open all the time. I did laundry at odd hours on the Jewel and spent way too much of my vacation in the Deck 9 laundry room. The machine's are small by American standards. 2 pairs of men's jeans and one pair of woman's jean with some socks was pretty much a full load of laundry in one of those machines. There also isn't any cold water settings it's only warm or hot for the washing machine (and it's in C not F degrees so you have to convert to get an approx temperature.). The dryers run really hot so I tried to find the lowest setting so I wouldn't shrink anything.

Eileen

Archived