Latteholic

Hi I am a latteholic.

I MUST have my latte every morning. I was on the AOS in 2002 before my addiction started and never paid much attention to the coffee shop on the Promenade deck.

I was wondering if I could get my morning fix at the coffee shop? My husband doesn't think they charge but I, being the smartest of the 2, said they do. Does anyone know if they have lattes and what the charge for them are. I don't care how much, MUST have my latte.

icon_eek.gif

When I sailed the Explorer back in January 2001 espresso based coffee drinks were available in the Cafe Promenade. They were an extra charge (about 4.50 I believe) but it was obvious it was new as I had to explain how to make a latte. They had an espresso machine, milk and all the various flavored syrups. The drinks improved with return visits but the machine was 'down' a couple of mornings. Hopefully when we sail the Navigator in 2 weeks the espresso machine will be in the Cafe Promenade and smokin'! Also they have an espresso machine in Portofino but assume only used when dining there.

Are you a C&A member? If your Diamond then you get access to the concierge lounge (unless you book at GS or higher, then you automatically get access). There they have this incredible machine that makes cappucino/expresso and lattes that you can make for yourself.. (automatic) at anytime 24/7.

Carolyn

The prices were comparable to what I pay at Seattle's Best or Starbucks here. I think my triple, 12 oz latte was about $3.50. If I was normal and only had one shot it would have been closer to $2.75 I think. This was on the Brilliance, but I doubt the prices are that much different between ships.

Vicki

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

Radiance 6/2002

Radiance 10/2002

Brilliance 11/2003

[/b]

LEGEND OF THE SEAS - September 26, 2004

Visit our Roll Call HERE

Cruise Europe 2005 (CC Group Cruise)- June 5, 2005 on the Brilliance

Visit our Roll Call HERE

I got a mocha on the voyager last September ane they charged for it. I will say it was one of the worst I've had, I am a coffee snob from Seattle area. I only bought the one mocha and waited til I got home for a good one, I do love Seattle's Best so was disappointed.

Lynda

Voyager of the seas 9/03

Mariner of the seas 9/04

Archived