Dawn princess pools?

melika091900

Yeah, they're heated, but when it's 50 degrees outside, not heated enough for my taste! IIRC, the hot tubs were open from early AM until midnight. There's one on the upper deck way in back that has incredible 360 views, and there's hardly anyone there. Great for sailaways.

Have a great trip! The pools are nice, but there's no real shallow end. My 13YO was fine, but the girls (3 and 5) couldn't go in without being held by dad. I did let them come into the hot tub with me, making sure they only stayed in for a couple of minutes per. Not a whole lot of people tubbing due to the weather but I enjoyed it.

On the Golden, the pools were 85 degrees. We went up to use the hottub the first night and found it closed, as it was 5 min after midnight and they close at midnight. We thought, well, let's try the pool. It was comfortable, but we used the hottubs the next 3 times we went up. Kids did use the pool, but not a lot all at one time. It varied from empty to 2 kids to maybe 5 at the most, which wasn't often.

Pools on the Dawn CAN be warm and delightful.

However, sometimes they suddenly go COLD without warning (common on any Princess ship). Ususally at the strangest times, such as between San Francisco and Baja, which is one really NEEDS a heated pool.

If this happens to you DO say something to several staff right away:

1. The guy testing the pools in the morning (who will probably chuckle and agree with you),
  2. The Customer Services Desk (who may deny it, lol, but still report it).
  3. The deck officer on duty, say something politely to him/her as well.
  4. At the same time make a written note they have a the desk stating the the pools are "un-heated" (not just cool).
  5. Be sure that you are outright "requesting the heat be turned on" which implies an actual expectation, rather than just "wishing" the pools were warm.

Why so many things at once? The Grand: Worst COLD pool experience in 9 Princess voyages. I did all of these things one by one, waiting for results between complaints, and over half the cruise was over before I/we got any satisfaction. When they finally accomodated me after a meeting the the CHIEF PURSORS PRIVATE OFFICE, I said "well thanks, but it's too late to do me any good. We had 2 weeks of sea days that we couldn't enjoy the pools, and now we have a solid week of port days...I wish you would have listened to my many complaints eariler".

Archived