New York Restaurants

Rallytime1975

My husband and I go into the city quite frequently, my all time favorite restaurant is Beccos 355 West 46th Street - Its very convenient for theater goers, but not very touristy. You can find a link to their site if you go to www.lidiasitaly.com. Beccos is one of the restaurants owned by Lidia Bastianich and her son, the food is wonderful (love the Osso Bucco, and fried pounded veal chop), its not expensive by NYC standards, and they have over 100 bottles of wine that are $25. You should definitely make reservations as the restaurant is small, but if you like italian food this is definitely the place I recommend.

The other restaurant I would recommend is Bobby Flay's Bar Americain, I believe that it is on 52nd street. They have seafood, steaks, etc... in American style but not as southwestern as most of his other restaurants. You will need reservations for this one too and it is a little more pricey that Beccos, but not as outragous as some places in the city.

Enjoy your stay in NYC!:)

(What play are you going to see?)

Dont pay any attention to people ragging about you being "off topic", people go on all the time about their kids/dogs/jobs/hobbies/paint colors... you name it! People need to chill out!

We are going to take a carriage ride in central park afterwards :)

;)

Awesome..... I was spending the weekend at the Essex House during Christmas time a few years back, and took the Carriage thhrough the park to Tavern on the Green....It was awesome...felt like you were in a Dickens book (park was covered in snow).

Is Juniors near Time Square?

Grand Central Station

Main Concourse near Track 36

Telephone: (212) 692-9800

Lower Level Dining Concourse

Telephone: (212) 983-5257

Fax: (212) 972-4420

Hours: Monday-Saturday 6am-10pm, Sunday 8am-8pm

Restaurant, Take-Out, Bakery, & Delivery Available

Times Square

West 45th Street between Broadway & 8th Avenue Telephone: (212) 302-2000

Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:30am-12am, Friday-Saturday until 1am, Sunday until 11pm

Cruise Critic is happy to provide forums for cruisers that will help in planning pre and post cruises.. whether it is port information, hotel, restaurants, etc... and if anyone not cruising can reap the benefits of our informed members, let them also enjoy !!..

Don't discount the little local Irish Bar/Restaurants. Look for the Irish name, there will be plenty. They will always have good dinner/lunch specials for their "regulars", anyone can order. Make sure when you walk in the bartender or at least one waitress has a brough (Irish accent). Almost all will have dishes will include potatoes/rice/pasta and vegtables. Alot of them will make roasts, chicken and fish dishes, not alot to chose from but what they have will be fresh, good and pretty cheap!:D

Thank you to everyone that took the time to reply to the OP. We are sailing out of NYC in Sept. and have never been there before, so we are spending extra days before and after our cruise. This information is invaluable to me as we don't have a clue as to where to eat.

What ship and what date?

Thank you to everyone that took the time to reply to the OP. We are sailing out of NYC in Sept. and have never been there before, so we are spending extra days before and after our cruise. This information is invaluable to me as we don't have a clue as to where to eat.

Has anyone done Tony & Tina's wedding.... was it fun? or torture?

I've done it. I thought it was tons of fun, but I was with a group of about 10 people. I'm not sure how much fun it would be without a group.

We had a great time -- I think it helps if you have attended a real Italian wedding reception, but even if you've never done the Bunny Hop at a fire hall wedding, (LOL) you'll have some good laughs. Lots of audience participation and no one is safe! :)

Archived