suggestions for what we should do

mumom95

Hi everyone. We are taking our first family cruise, March 2009. We are on the Disney Magic and will be stopping in St. Thomas/St. John (also St. Croix).

We are a family of four, myself, my husband, my son who will be 9 and my daughter who will be 8. This is our first time to St. Thomas.

Any suggestions on what to do for our family. We are a family that loves nature, animals, water, etc. And we tend to like to do things, not just sit around on the beach (although, we do enjoy that from time to time). Shopping is ok, but more of just a little sight seeing shopping, not anythig heavy duty. We definitley want to snorkel at some point, either in St. Thomas, St. Croix or Castaway Cay.

So, I would love to hear what people recommend for our family. And if you have specific companies or websites, I would love those links too.

Thanks for your help.

I second Coral World, because it's got so many opportunities for close encounters with the animals. They now let you feed the sting rays and the lorikeet parrots.

The key to Coral World, though, is to get there early. Check out the schedule for feedings and lectures, and decide which ones you want to see. Do a quick tour of Coral World, then go to Coki Beach for some swimming. Go back and forth between the beach and Coral World depending on the lectures you want to see. Your wristband gives you all day access.

There are also two souvenir shops - one geared towards kids. The restrooms at Coral World are also clean.

Be sure to check the Internet or taxi driver for discount admission coupons.

My kids seem to be miserable wandering around shopping when it's very hot out! and we have enough plain beach days so I booked a daysail with www.rumbabacharters.com. I think my kids will have a great time on the sailboat and I've heard he may show them how it works and give them a turn. You mentioned you wanted to snorkel and this takes you to St. John to snorkel. Food is supposed to be delicious. I just thought I would mention it. My kids are 8,10, and 13 and I know they will enjoy this, but I also know it probably wouldn't be for some kids:D . Have a great time whatever you choose:)

Karen

We just spent the day in St-Thomas and took the Sea Blaster boat and snorkel trip - it was great. You had a fast fun and wet boat ride to a lovely cove and they provided the snorkel gear and the basic instructions. We were travelling with our 2 kids (7 & 10) and they loved it.:D

Archived