Serenade Oct. 7,2004...Anyone Back Yet

sweet sea

Anyone back yet…I will be on the 2005 sailing and would like to hear about your trip…After you get unpacked and get all the washing done is anyone planning on writting a review? .....I also have a few questions if anyone would be willing to answer…………….Debbie

Anyone back yet…I will be on the 2005 sailing and would like to hear about your trip…After you get unpacked and get all the washing done is anyone planning on writting a review? .....I also have a few questions if anyone would be willing to answer…………….Debbie

Can't say that I'll be writing a review but we certainly had a great time. Maybe I can answer some of your questions.

Thanks for the offer to answers questions....I am very happy to read that you had a good time....Would you do this trip again ?

Did you rent a car on any of the Islands ? If you did on which Islands... and what company did you use? Was parking a problem ? Did they offer shuttle service from the docks to pick up and return after dropping off….

Did you do any private tours? Did you book on line … with what companies…. and how far in advance you booked?

Sea days….Did RCCL add any extra activities or entertainment during the 5 days/nights.

Formal nights…How many and on which nights they occurred?

Was there a chocolate buffet ???

Ensenada…..What was the earliest flight that RCCL recommended out of San Diego?….What time did debarkation begin?….. How long did it take from Ensenada to the airport in San Diego?

Thanks .....Debbie

Thanks for the offer to answers questions....I am very happy to read that you had a good time....Would you do this trip again ?

Did you rent a car on any of the Islands ? If you did on which Islands... and what company did you use? Was parking a problem ? Did they offer shuttle service from the docks to pick up and return after dropping off….

Did you do any private tours? Did you book on line … with what companies…. and how far in advance you booked?

Sea days….Did RCCL add any extra activities or entertainment during the 5 days/nights.

Formal nights…How many and on which nights they occurred?

Was there a chocolate buffet ???

Ensenada…..What was the earliest flight that RCCL recommended out of San Diego?….What time did debarkation begin?….. How long did it take from Ensenada to the airport in San Diego?

Thanks .....Debbie

Wow! You do have a lot of questions! We'll I'll do my best.

"Would you do this trip again?"-Most definitely!

Car Rentals.-Rented on Oahu, we used frequent flier miles so we used Budget. Also rented at Hilo, used Alamo and they provided free, no problem, shuttle service. Also had reservations with Alamo at all of the other ports and they assured me they would provide provide free shuttle service at each of them. We ended up forgoing any other rentals besides Oahu and Hilo.

Private Tours.-Booked all of our own shore excursions exclusive of RCCL. Did it all about 3 months in advance over the Internet with follow up on the phone. We used Island helicopters in Kauai. Sunshine helicopters in Hilo. Kamanu charters for a sail boat/snorkeling tour at Kona. Finally Prince Kuhio for snorkeling at Molokini. All were excellent tours. Certainly less expensive than booking through RCCL.

Sea days-Always plenty to do. Certainly could not do it all, just not enough time. Can't tell you what extra might have been added as this was my only time on the Serenade.

Formal nights-Second night of the cruise and the Ninth night. RCCL stated before hand that the first formal night was pre-scheduled and the second one was at the discretion of the ship once they are under way.

Chocolate buffet-Yes but it was early in the cruise and we missed it. There was also a midnight buffet late in the cruise.

Ensenada-We live just an hour North of San Diego so can't tell you about flight times as we just had family pick us up in a car. Can tell you that RCCL had people leaving the ship in busses from 5:45 AM until 7:40 AM. Drive time to the border was two hours. Border crossing was somewhere between 45 to 55 minutes (be prepared to stand in line outside in the elements with all of your carry ons the entire time! Thank goodness it was not hot or raining). From there it is another 35 minutes to the San Diego Airport.

Hope this helps.

Thank-You…for your very prompt and helpful reply to my many questions….I did not notice from what part of the USA you were from until after I had posted……

We are thinking about renting a car in Hilo also.Dh has a long commute to work everyday so he dislikes driving on vacition..One of the reasons we started cursing…..but I have environmental allergies and I am concerned that some of the fumes for the volcano my trigger them…..With a car I would be able to leave if I have to…I would like to express my gratitude for your help again…………..Debbie

Archived