Spa Treatment

fatcattravel

I hope Princess reads this thread. When you go to the spa they have you fill out a form that asks what do you hope to get out of your treatment today?

I put Relaxation.

What I got was far from that.

1. I asked my massage therapsit why there was so much noise next door and that I could not relax because I heard "people's conversations". She told me that oh the therapist next door has a loud voice. I asked my therapist to turn up the music so I could try to drown out the noise.

So I guess I should have brought my personal ipod and maybe that would have helped.

2. The room was very cold and the therapist was nice enough after I asked to give me a blanket but her hands were very cold. I asked her how long she had been doing this and she said 2 months so maybe I can chaulk that up to inexperience.

3. After my massage, I was told to wait a few minutes. After 10 minutes passed I went out of the room and asked where did my girl go? She came back and proceeded to tell me all the things that I should buy to help me relax when I go back home!

This was not a relaxing experience at all. I will not do the spa experience again on board.

I've had the same experience with the sale pitch. The next time I went I wrote on the form that I wanted to relax and not have any sales pitch. This worked for me. They knew that I would not be buying anything. I find that if you are specific about what you want the therapist are happy to oblige. They want you to be happy so your tip may be bigger.

i agree wholeheartedly. i do not want the infomercial they attach to every treatment. i just want to relax as well.

flamingo21401, thanks for the tip about putting it on the form-good idea, i'll try it.

I've had the same experience with the sale pitch. The next time I went I wrote on the form that I wanted to relax and not have any sales pitch. This worked for me. They knew that I would not be buying anything. I find that if you are specific about what you want the therapist are happy to oblige. They want you to be happy so your tip may be bigger.

That's what I do, though I haven't used the spa the last few cruises. Let them know, up front, that you are not interested in buying anything. Sometimes you just have to be firm with them. I once was in a room next to another room that was having some work done on it. It got 20% off of my treatment for the "noise" issue.

To the OP, since the spas are run by Steiner, Princess just "refers" any issues to them, so I don't really think you would get a response back from them, or the usual, "boilerplate" response, sorry, etc.

Archived