NYE on board

mason525

Hi-

Have booked on Summit's 12/27/08 sailing. Did this itin last year & Thurs was the 2nd formal night. But since new year's eve is Wed, will they make that formal? Have never been on a holiday cruise.Do they do anything else special or different. Thank you,

Meg

I've done New Year's cruises 3X, 1X on the Millennium and 2X on the Constellation. I don't think it was coincidence, but on each sailing New Year's Eve was one of the formal nights. On 2 occasions, NYE fell on a scheduled sea day, but one time it fell on a port day (albeit, we were already well at sea prior to midnight). I remained in my "formal" attire through dinner, but changed into something a little more comfortable for the Lido deck countdown party as it was really windy topside. Have fun! I'm doing NYE on the Solstice this year.

. . . and yes, it's great being onboard for New Year's. The BIG party is topside by the pool and starts heating up post-late seating dinner. Expect lots of music, dancing, food, drinks, and silliness. The only freebie drink is the midnight flute of champagne. After the countdown to midnight, that party continues in force until about 12:30 a.m. and then starts branching out into the other bar/lounge venues. There's pretty much something for everyone. Enjoy!

Hi-

Have booked on Summit's 2/27/08 sailing. Did this itin last year & Thurs was the 2nd formal night. But since new year's eve is Wed, will they make that formal? Have never been on a holiday cruise.Do they do anything else special or different. Thank you,

Meg

Maybe it’s just me but if you’re booked on Summit’s 2/27/08 sailing didn’t your ship sail already? :confused: And if so you missed NYE by almost two months so I guess the formal nights are the least of your problems.:D ;)

Archived