Deep Purple Suit...What Color Shoes?

WeirdEyes

Just an idea: why not try to find purple shoes & matching handbag in the same shade of one another? Nothing wrong with mixing and matching purples. Purple just happens to be my favorite color and I do this all the time with some dressy outfits I have. Just last week, I bought these sexy jewel purple heels from Bakers at the mall. Also, the craze around my area are those clear heels. If all else fails, I would wear the black shoes. I am sure you will look fabulous in purple! :D

Happy sailing,

T.

Years ago I saw a fashion magazine article giving advice for dressing if you're petite. (You're probably all getting tired of hearing I'm petite, right?) One piece of advice was to wear light-colored (close to your skin tone) shoes to make your legs look longer. They showed a model in a black dress with camel-colored shoes, and by golly it was true. Since then I've often worn light-colored shoes with darker colors for that reason. If your dress is long, I'd go with black; short, I'd try a lighter color.

M/R

You will get a "cleaner" line of color. Too much contrast w/ lighter shoes.

Regarding purple shoes/bag...purple is hot. If you can get some w/ same base (some purples are stonger blue-base, others red-based), go for it.

Green is a big color, often shown w/ purple this season.

I'd avoid the dying....I think that went out w/ the 80s.....(hey, I used to work at a shoe store where we dyed shoes/bags....old news).

You will NOT go wrong w/ black. A basic that matches most everything.

Dark colors, dark shoes. Light colors, light shoes.

JMO

Kristin

Thanks for all of your advice! Now, I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to do. I think I'll buy several different colors and take them home, try on the suit with each one and see what looks best. I can take the ones I don't want back. ;)

Archived