Hale Koa

Aloha

Yes, on Friday night the Hilton does a fireworks display which you can see from the HK. All of the restuarants are just great there. The Hale Koa room is a little more upscale while Koko's is my personal favorite. Bibas is good casual. I took friends to Kokos and we had 4 nice meals (fish or steak) plus 6 glasses of wine for $60....you cannot beat that. So you should choose between Kokos and the Koa room....depending on how dressy you would like. Koko's is casual but not "off the beach" casual.

Go to the Hale Koa's web site to see what shows or activities they have going on now. I think it is still Octoberfest now? I havent been, but they have it all month becaue it is so popular! SO it must be great. They also have a craft show and hula lessons for free in the mornings there....some mornings.

I love the HK....ask away for more answers!

Suebee,

Is the security still tight there? We were going to go last October but Mom and I both didn't had any ID (no Drivers License) except for Dad who had his military ID. He could go but not the girls since we left everything at the Aston Waikiki Hotel.

Shelly

Actually no. There is sometimes (no pattern) a guard at the beach enterance to the hotel to make sure people dont wander off the beach onto the property. But the main street enterance is unguarded. You cannot however, drive up to the lobby without passing a guard stand.

It is hit or miss if they ask for ID in the restaurant either. Sometimes they do, sometimes not.
But given your situation with your Dad having an ID, they wont bother you because you would be his guests. But it is a good idea to have some ID on you so your Dad can give you guest passes...then you can move freely around the place. We did this for my In Laws and they were able to come and go as they pleased while they were here.

Given that, who knows what they will do there around the holidays, election, etc. But this was our experience every time this year so far...up to the end of July.

Last year on our stay on Oahu in Nov, they had a parade on Kalakaua Ave and I was happy to see the military units that marched get the proper respect and applause. The parade will take place again on the 26th of Nov, so I hope if any of you who are in Waikiki that night, you will attend the parade and take time to show the men and women in uniform that they are appreciated.

Archived