How Much to Pack for a Week Cruise

coconutball4u

Going on my first cruise in years in 2 weeks on the Legend to the Western Caribbean and seeking advice on how much to pack. I plan on exploring the ships nightlife and needing a bathing suit all but one day (going to Tulum with Carnival in Cozumel). Any advice on how much to bring would be appreciated.

I wore my dinner attire all night, so I didn't pack anything special for the nightlife.

I brought a dress for each night, one bathing suit, a sundress to wear over the bathing suit for during the day, two pairs of shorts, flip flops, and one pair of dress shoes that matched all my dresses. Oh, and a floppy hat for the sun and a wrap to wear in the dining room.

I bought a couple souvenir t-shirts and would have just worn those with the shorts if I needed to.

Easy peasy. Wish I knew how to pack like that years ago. Made life so much easier. I was prepared to do laundry if need be but I didn't have to. Wearing a bathing suit all day every day made clothing choices super easy.

Hope that helps...

I wear my black cocktail dress to both formal nights. The other nights, I wear the same thing twice, because I only have it on for a few hours for dinner and the show. First night I don't change but wear what I arrived in, so that leaves 6 nights. 2 nighs are dressy and for 4 nights I need 2 outfits - usually mix and match so they don't look exactly the same. One pair of shoes for dress and one pair for the other nights. Four slacks/capris and tops, a pair of sandals, sneakers, and flip flops, a swimsuit and a cover up, Pj's, underware, and that is it.

On a 7 day cruise, I take two bathing suits, one coverup, one pair flip-flops. I bring two pair of shorts, one white or khakie, one black and I bring two matching tanks that I switch around. I bring two capri pants, one white, one black and a pair of white strappy sandals. Two tops that go with the capri pants. One dressy black dress I wear two nights, One dress pants white or black, and a nice top and bronzy colored strappy heels that go with everything. I bring 10 panties, two bras. I buy tees on the ship. I don't bring sneakers anymore, I never needed them. For a 10 day cruise I bring one more shorts and one more dress or skirt. I keep my packing list from every cruise and over the years am amazed at what I crossed off , because I never needed it. I would be lost without my old packing lists because it reminds me what works.

You might want to wear your suit to Tulum...There is a gorgeous beach at the bottom of the cliff...If you have time.

I wish I had known when I went, years ago.

Check the ports of call message boards to double check.

Besides, you will want to take at least two swimsuits....nothing worse than putting on a damp suit!!! :)

Have fun!

I think I just finished my final pack. LOL

I took out a few things and have one outfit (shorts w/polo or t-shirt) for each day, one suit w/two shirts and ties for formal nights, one casual dress outfit (linen suit), 2 sets of swin trunks, one pair sneakers, three different pair of flip flops or sandals and a pair of dress shoes. Since last week, I removed 4 outfits, without putting anything back in the bags, so I'm doing good! Oh yeah, underwear too! LOL

The easiest way I find to plan is to make a chart, day, evening, bed. From that I start planning outfits based on what I am doing in port, if its a sea day and the formal nights. I generally try and take a black skirt I can wear a few times, a jean skirt can get worn a couple of times too, one white, one black sweater which can be worn quite a few times. I find planning makes me pack a lot less. Just make sure to pack a couple extra t shirts and an extra pair of shorts in case you get something dirty.

The easiest way I find to plan is to make a chart, day, evening, bed. From that I start planning outfits based on what I am doing in port, if its a sea day and the formal nights. I generally try and take a black skirt I can wear a few times, a jean skirt can get worn a couple of times too, one white, one black sweater which can be worn quite a few times. I find planning makes me pack a lot less. Just make sure to pack a couple extra t shirts and an extra pair of shorts in case you get something dirty.

I make a chart too for my cruises (clothes, shoes, slip or special undergarment, jewelry for each outfit)and print it and tuck it in the suitcase. Then I just take a look to see what I want to wear. I know before I go that I have everything needed. It's easy to forget the strapless bra or shorter slip. I do wear things more than once. People are a lot more casual than they used to be and you would surprised what your dinner partners DON'T notice that you have repeated.

I've really cut back and now with flying. I'm doing two 7 days with one suite case and a carry on. My DH can go with the jeans he wears on, a pair of shortsand shirts, two long pants and 3/4 dress shirts and swim suit. I could pack him in a carry on.

Whatever you do, be sure to pack your non-drowsy Dramamine for the Tulum trip. The boat ride from Cozumel over to the mainland can be pretty rough. If the ferry boat you ride has an upstairs open-air option, take it. We did this on the return trip when we did the Tulum excursion, and felt MUCH better that we did on the ride over.

Despite the boat ride, the ruins were worth every bit of it. We had an excellent guide, who was a wealth of historical information. The Mayan civilization is fascinating.

Archived