Voyager 9-Day Carib. If not Labadee, then where?

Nassau is another option.

If Nassau is the case, does anyone have any recomendations? I don't recall much to do there.

Is there a nice beach nearby?

icon_frown.gif I will miss my long day on the beach at Labadee icon_frown.gif

Matt & Caroline

DCL Magic 2000

DCL Magic 2001

RCI Voyager 2003

RCI Mariner 2004

Just off the Brilliance this past Fri. We were supposed to go to Labadee, but went to Nassau instead.

"To live on the land...we must learn from the sea" (Calypso)

(26 prior cruises. Nobody cares, so why list them all?)

There was a big thread about this about a month back. General consensus was that most of us (me included!) would love to go to Cozumel instead, a Coco Cay stop would be okay, but most likely it would be another sea day or Nassau because of the number of ships already scheduled in other ports. I'm still hoping for Cozumel!

Days until Voyager of the Seas - 9/10/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;09;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Big Red Boat '88,

Fair Princess '90,

Norway '91,

Regal Princess '91,

Carnival Fantasy '93,

Regent Rainbow '95,

Big Red Boat '98,

Disney Wonder '00,

Grand Princess 11/16/03,

Voyager of the Seas 09/10/04

I think the most likely alternative will be Coco Cay....next likely is Nassau, but as another poster said..we're already stopping in Freeport so this is not the ideal replacement. I too am praying for Cozumel but seeing how it would change the dates for grand cayman and jamaica I think its highly unlikely. The worst case scenario is another day at sea....we already have 5...the last thing we need is a 6th. Either way..I just wish they would make up their mind already...its pretty frustrating that the Haiti crisis started over 2 months ago and we still haven't received any word about a replacement for these 9 day cruises.

Countdown to the Voyager out of NYC

I am on VOS for the 9 day on 5/21. My TA informed me that they didn't expect to have RCCL change the itinerary until abotu 3-4 weeks before we leave icon_frown.gif

This is my first cruise so I am not particular to any port - so long as my husband can scuba dive and it isn't another day at sea.

Where is Cozumel, and why is it so popular?

Jessica

I just stopped by to whine. icon_smile.gif We're on an 11 night out of Baltimore in May that was originally scheduled for a day at Coco Cay. About 3 weeks ago they cancelled the stop. We have another sea day and no indication that they're even thinking about an alternate port. It seems that they're rearranging schedules to give most of the ships originally scheduled for Labadee either another port or a day at Coco Cay, and we got kicked off the island for the day. Oh well, such is life, I suppose.

Cozumel, Mexico is a great place to snorkle or scuba. Clear waters and a great reef.

"To live on the land...we must learn from the sea"

(26 prior cruises. Nobody cares, so why list them all?)

Chuck & Phyllis

I really like your idea of making the first stop Cozumel...Grand Cayman would then be day 5, and Jamaica day 6 (which flip flops their order but the dock space is already secured for those 2 days at both ports so it won't matter what order we visited them)...and then Day 8 would be Freeport as originally planned. The only real issue is getting dock space at Cozumel...but seeing how Royal has had months to plan...I don't see why they couldn't just have tenders in place at Cozumel if they couldn't secure the dock space for all of the scheduled 9-Day cruises...that would be much more consumer friendly then just simply adding an additional day at sea...or adding another stop in the bahamas...which makes the trip no longer a true Western Caribbean cruise.

Countdown to the Voyager out of NYC

Hey guys, I was looking at the maps on RCCL's website and I agree with Hoboken7256. It looks like we could do Cozumel first and then resume the rest of the cruise from there. Look at this map http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruises.do;jsessionid=0000HAmWOQJ19os1bYP74vad1-M:v29bc620?packageCode=VY9WCNY1&sailDate=1040521&priceFrom=1249.00&departLnCode=

hopefully that link will work. Basically we would come down along the coast of Florida and then we would go WEST above Cuba instead of going EAST. Cozumel is located right on the Northeast corner of the Mexican peninsula close to where the arrow path goes by. We could stop there on the first day and then resume the trip traveling EAST to Georgetown, then Ocho Rios and then up to Freeport. Maybe someone can try to contact RCCL or send them an email with this idea even though I'm sure they've already thought of this. In the end i'll be happy with whatever they decide, but Cozumel would sure be nice!!

Archived