Victory: Where Can You Pick Up (or Not) a Wi-Fi Signal?

Leo Jay

I'm trying to get an idea of where on the ship you can pick up the ship's internet signal wirelessly (not signals from sites in port). Those of you who have connected wirelessly from anywhere on this ship, please let me know where you were and weren't able to. Thanks.

I'm trying to get an idea of where on the ship you can pick up the ship's internet signal wirelessly (not signals from sites in port). Those of you who have connected wirelessly from anywhere on this ship, please let me know where you were and weren't able to. Thanks.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_Board_Internet_Cafes.aspx

The complete "Bow2stern" wireless network is currently available on Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Pride, Carnival Legend, Carnival Victory, Carnival Valor, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Splendor

Is there a charge for using the bow2stern wireless? i see there is a price list for internet cafe, etc...but i can't tell if they charge you for using the wireless on your own personal laptop or not.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/On_...net_Cafes.aspx

Wireless internet access is available across our entire fleet. Depending on the vessel, we have either limited wireless access in and around the shipboard internet café and select public areas or a complete "Bow2stern" wireless network. The complete "Bow2stern" wireless network is currently available on Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Pride, Carnival Legend, Carnival Victory, Carnival Valor, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Freedom and Carnival Splendor.

The "Bow2Stern" network allows our guests to enjoy Internet access from literally anywhere on board, including all public areas, lounges, bars and pool decks, guest suites and cabins. To take full advantage of this feature, guests should bring their personal laptops along with them, as the number of laptops available for rent onboard is limited. In addition, this network provides supports the latest Wi-Fi enabled iPhones, PalmPilots and Blackberrys.

Internet Café Price List

We have several options available to guests wishing to use the internet service. the below options are available. Please note that the internet pricing options* are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop.• An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.

• A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute ("Pay-As-You-Go") is available. Minutes are rounded to the next full minute.

Discounted Time Plans

Discounted Time Plans offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation. Please note that there is no refund for unused minutes on these Time Plans and upgrading selected pricing options is not available. Plans are subject to change.

Cruises less than six days in length:

• 30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)

• 60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Cruises six days in length and longer:

• 100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)

• 250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Thanks Leo Jay,

I saw that, but didn't know if they meant their laptops they had for rental or your own laptop...since it also says that the wi-fi can be used on Blackberry devices. it's awfully confusing for me...ditz that i am. :o

thanks for the info that.

Thanks Leo Jay,

I saw that, but didn't know if they meant their laptops they had for rental or your own laptop...since it also says that the wi-fi can be used on Blackberry devices. it's awfully confusing for me...ditz that i am. :o

thanks for the info that.

No problem. A couple of years ago, before bow2stern, I was able to pick up the wi-fi on my Palm PDA from my Legend balcony, which was pretty cool.

Archived