Independence OTS - Couple of questions

lateuk

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about IOTS:

- How much wardrobe space is there, and how many hangers do they provide?

- What is the procedure for taking books from the library? And what sort of books do they have?

Thanks

Hello,

I have a couple of questions about IOTS:

- How much wardrobe space is there, and how many hangers do they provide?

- What is the procedure for taking books from the library? And what sort of books do they have?

Thanks

The size of your closet space depends on the category of cabin which you have. I think that they all are adequate to generous.

You may have as many hangers as you want - if there aren't enough when you arrive, just ask your cabin steward for more.

You simply take books from the library. It works on the honor system.

We have a D1 cabin, so how much hanging space are we looking at?

Also Why types of books do they have in the library?

Thanks for the response so far :-)

We were on IOTS in June.

Cannot comment on the closet space as we were in junior suites, but as far as the library, there was a bit of everything, although I was a bit dissappointed considering this was a brand new ship. There seemed to be a lot of travel books on the ports of call we were visiting and we checked some out. There were also fiction, history, and children's books, although we didn't find much of the fiction appealing to us. Wish they would have had some of John Maxtone-Graham great books about ships and cruising.

Checking out was on the honor sytem you simply signed your name and cabin number on a sheet.

FYI - we did start a "leave one, take one" area on a lower shelf where we left some of our paperback travel and fiction books so others could help themselves.

I was in the library last Saturday week - 26th july on IOTS and looking at the books, lovely selection, including autobiographies , my fav.

Photos of the ship on my thread 'Indepence of the sea ships visit and photos'.... inc photo of the library! LOL

Archived