RC 9:00 shows - when are they done?

MNfamilycruiser

We will be on the Mariner - we have a big family group that includes my two girls - ages 9 and 11 - we have early/main dining.

My question is about the shows - if we are scheduled to see the early shows - that start at 9:00 - what time do they finish? Do you have time to be up to get the kids at AO when it closes at 10:00?

Or do we have to plan on paying extra for them to stay later if we want to see any of the shows?

Does anyone know how much it is for them to stay later if necessary? We have never done it before - we haven't ever been big on the shows - but because we are with a big group I can see how everyone might want to go and we would then join them.

I don't do the shows so I can't say how long they last but the added price at AO begins at 10pm - it's $5 per kid per hour.

If you are late getting there, AO just carries over to the "Late Night Party Zone" at 10pm. So activities won't end, they actually begin at that time too.

So when you do arrive to pick up your child they will just asked for your sea pass card so they can charge the extra time your children were there.

I try to be there by 10pm only because my kids are totally wiped out by that time. But mine are 4 and 8. YOUR kids may beg to stay. So you won't need to race to get them.

I don't do the shows so I can't say how long they last but the added price at AO begins at 10pm - it's $5 per kid per hour.

If you are late getting there, AO just carries over to the "Late Night Party Zone" at 10pm. So activities won't end, they actually begin at that time too.

So when you do arrive to pick up your child they will just asked for your sea pass card so they can charge the extra time your children were there.

I try to be there by 10pm only because my kids are totally wiped out by that time. But mine are 4 and 8. YOUR kids may beg to stay. So you won't need to race to get them.

Thanks - I don't think we will generally do the shows either - but nice to know they won't just kick the kids out! :D

Does anyone know if they charge for a full hour if you are only 15 minutes past 10:00?

They charge in "half hour increments" ;)

So yes, if you are 15 minutes late, you will be charged for a half an hour.

Thanks - and I got the info on the RC board - shows last 45min. to an hour :D

We could join with the "group" if everyone wanted to go to a show. Although most of them don't look too interesting to me - maybe the comedian....

I did see that it is highly unlikely we will be seeing Quest - way too late for us early risers with kids!

We regularly attend the 1st shows of the evening (almost every night) and always have the little ones in kids club......my conclusion after traveling on both RC and Carnival is that they PLAN these shows to end at 10pm or slightly before so that everyone can get up to the kids programs and pick up there children.

We have NEVER been charged and always head up to the kids program immediately following the show (along with MANY other families). I've actually never checked my watch.....just headed up with the rest of the many families and gotten on line for pickup.

Judy

We regularly attend the 1st shows of the evening (almost every night) and always have the little ones in kids club......my conclusion after traveling on both RC and Carnival is that they PLAN these shows to end at 10pm or slightly before so that everyone can get up to the kids programs and pick up there children.

We have NEVER been charged and always head up to the kids program immediately following the show (along with MANY other families). I've actually never checked my watch.....just headed up with the rest of the many families and gotten on line for pickup.

Judy

Thank you - I would rather not pay extra if possible!

Nice to know we don't need to rush right up there - just follow the crowd.:D

Archived