Star Reviews Please !!!

MarilynTX

I have a review posted from last May.. but if you guys have been checking the reviews, you will probably have already seen it. I promise you.. you will enjoy the Star. I think she has a great staff and crew. If you meet Simone the Concierge, please tell her hello from Doug and Terry (suite 9232 both times). We miss her. She is a DOLL.

go to the ship reviews..and i have a couple of slide shows from the

Mexican Reviera..

if your looking for what you ll see in alaska..well, ive been looking thru

the slide and vidios..

it a wonderful ship..we went on her the first time last jan. and again in

09..and again next May..

without knowing what to expect cept what we learn d from ship reviews

and the NCL site..we were surprised how differant the ship was from our

previous cruises on RCCL and CCL..

despite a nearly full ship..it felt half empty..they have use d space normally used for cabin for the many dining room s..

after your settled in..check out the specialty restraunt s at the reservation desk on deck 8..

also, if your hungry take a trip up to the buffet..little known is that

Versaille s main dining room is open for lunch..

We are crusing this Saturday and I am desperate for recent reviews.

We cruised the Star April 2006. We were on deck 10. If you happen to see the stewarts Ven and Jen they were awesome. Hopefully you will get them. It is a beautiful ship and the food was great.

I loved what she has written so far!!! Sounds like a wonderful trip. Did you find the review just by googleing Norwegian Star Review?????

Thanks, and look my countdown is getting closer!!!!:D

I went to the Star Roll Call and looked for ones in July who had returned. Hers was the only one I could find for July.

Have you looked through the Cruise Critic reviews? Read the review on that page and also click on the 405 member reviews --

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=198

There's also some great info on the Star here:

http://www.shipcafe.net/shipcafe/st/nclst04.htm

Just got off the Star on Saturday, and don't have time right now to write a review. I will say we were very happy, the over all food was good in the main dining rooms. I was not that impressed with the market buffet...there were lots of choices but food was always luke warm-but hey I still ate it! Sevice was great. The shows were really good. Bingo was expensive and heavily pushed. Ports were fun but be prepared for lots of jewlery stores, I was there about 15 years ago and jewlery was not the main tourist attraction that has changed now. Weather was cold and rainy and I would have loved to have had a couple more pair of jeans. I will try to write more later but I think you will have a great time!!!

Well, after all the talk about upgrades I was really surprised because both my back and my husband's hurt. I felt like I was sleeping in a hole. I thought about asking for the egg crate pad but did not. I was wondering if our bed had really been upgraded. I did see them taking beds off the ship when we were departing so maybe it hasn't been completed yet.

We were on the Star the week of June 28th. I'm not sure if the beds had been changed yet or not, but we both thought they were great. Not too hard or too soft.

We did the timed departure at 9:00 or somewhere around there. Short lines and quick debarkation.

How would you rate the comfort of the beds?

Marilyn.. I have a feeling, based on what people have already said that this is going to be very subjective, however I have to tell you that our experience on the Star ..well.. the beds are the most comfortable we have ever slept on, outside of our own home. We were amazed at how comfortable they are to be so thin.

Archived