anyone ordered room service as soon as you got to your stateroom?

beccadoby

OP, if it comes down to it, you could bring back a few pizzas from the Lido buffet, they will give you whole ones if you ask. That would be fairly quick, portable and good party food!

Love this idea, Darthgrady!

. . . this would be a great reason to order the "Bon Voyage" decorations for your suite through the Bon Voyage department. That would definitely give it a party atmosphere.

I also like the idea of maybe bringing on some munchies that your wouldn't be able to get onboard. You could even grad some nesting dollar store bowls that you could serve them in and then not feel bad about throwing them away when you are done.

I could go crazy with this idea! It would also be cute to give all of your guests a little party favor. (Now I realize I make everything a bigger deal than it needs to be!)

ENJOY!

Can you bring outside food on the ship? I had planned on making brownies for everyone to munch on on the way to the pier/while waiting to board as we're going early, but I was figuring I'd have to toss any left over... that would be a crime.. I mean a brownie?

You can pre-order from the Bon Voyage department.

The whole ship's crew are involved in the boarding process, sorting and delivering luggage, some cleaning and scrubbing still going on. If they offered any room service at that time, it would be very, very slow.

Head to the Lido buffet and pick up a few things to take back to your cabin.

On our first Ecstasy cruise, we traveled with my diabetic great-uncle. There was a good bit of delay in embarkation, and by the time we boarded, finished the muster drill and got back to our cabins, great-uncle was wiped out, didn't feel like going up to the Lido deck for something to eat. We ordered room service for him and headed out to explore the ship. We came back to get ready for dinner and discovered he still hadn't eaten. We got him to dinner and later found his room service meal had been delivered during dinner. Not sure exactly, but it took at least 2 hours to arrive.

We usually always get something to eat on the Lido deck,, but on one cruise( I think it was on the Miracle) we got room service and hadn't even ordered it! It was two sandwiches (yummy!) and diet cokes... The order was in my name but sent to another cabin in our party.. We laughed about it and enjoyed it! We never figured it out but it was a fun way to start the cruise.... ;)

If they eat lunch at 12ish, and you have them for sailaway, I'm sure they will be able to find something to eat that will hold them over until dinner, if you cannot get room service. At sailaway, they might not be hungry, since it will have been less than 4 hours since they last ate. Seems like snacks is the way go to and I'm sure they will appreciate it. Kind of odd how you started this thread with, husband wants to be the first to order room service.

DH has a nice idea. I like it. Have you mentioned it to the friends and family? I ask in case if they would rather do something else. That way you are off the hook and you tried for DH. ;)

Are you having it at sailaway? Remember the muster, so you will need to prepare prior to muster and then rush back to have sailaway. I personally think it is an awesome idea. If you have a nice balcony you could not really ask for more than a party there with your loved ones. We have done sailaway on a suite before and it was very nice. We had champagne. It was very nice. We also skipped muster, shame on us. lol I would probably not miss muster again but at the time it was fun to do.

I have not ordered room service early on embarkment day on Carnival but I have on Disney. It use to be the thing to do, order the fruit and cheese plater for sailaway.

Archived