Early Boarding for NYC departures?

Leo Jay

Just read this in duffle's recent Victory review:

The day before departure Carnival sent out an e-mail inviting those guests who could to arrive between 9:30 and 10:30 for early boarding. I do not know if this is something they often do or if it had to do with the fact that there were three ships in the port and their wanting to reduce the chaos of too many people at the same time.
Has anyone else gotten an email like this about a Carnival boarding from NYC? Or does anyone know when/why this might be an option? Thanks.

I dont recall ever receiving an email.. but we were on board super early on the Victory last year.. Perhaps it just docks much earlier because it's a short cruise...

:)

Mine's a 7-day. What time were you on board? I'm eager to board as early as possible so I can head straight for the maitre d' to bug him for my own table. :D

Mine's a 7-day. What time were you on board? I'm eager to board as early as possible so I can head straight for the maitre d' to bug him for my own table. :D

If I remember correctly, I think we were on by 11 or 1130

Enjoy your cruise!!

An 11:30 boarding works for me, but there's no telling how many other people will show up early as well. Every time we thought we showed up really early, we found there were already a couple hundred people waiting! :D

An 11:30 boarding works for me, but I guess the real key is figuring out when everyone else will show up, so I can show up at the terminal early enough to be near the front of the (non- Platinum) line. Every time we thought we showed up really early, we found there were already a couple hundred people waiting already, so I guess you never know how many eager beavers may beat you to it! :D

Oh I am the same way... Get there by 930... whats the most you will wait?? 2 hours?? Its fun people watching anyway!!

Oh I am the same way... Get there by 930... whats the most you will wait?? 2 hours?? Its fun people watching anyway!!

True, and one benefit of sailing solo this time is that I don't have to justify my desire to be unreasonably early to anyone else.

:D

Just read this in duffle's recent Victory review:Has anyone else gotten an email like this about a Carnival boarding from NYC? Or does anyone know when/why this might be an option? Thanks.

i have never rec'd an email like that. it seems odd for ccl to generate this considering not all pax from previous cruise are even off the ship at that time.

when i sailed miracle last week, i think we got on close to 1, even though we were there early. and, i have gotten on as early as 11:30 for some of my sailing from fla ports, so to me, embarkation for the ny departure seemed late, lol.

Archived