HELP!!! Which to book??!!

WE are just before booking an Eastern Med. cruise (Greece). It's between the Splendor of the Seas (RC) and the Fortuna (Costa). Can anyone give me some insite. I have read the reviews on the Fortuna. Some of the bad stuff definitely has merit. Please help!!

We've done Splendour from Venice and enjoyed every minute. RCL has a pretty stable product. Can't say first hand anything about Costa. Enjoy :)

Go for the Splendor. I have been on both Costa and RCI in the Caribbean and in my opinion RCI offers a much better product overall. In Europe, on Costa, the primary language will be Italian although English will be spoken as well. Of course, there will be a Costa Representative to help English speakers (as well as one for German, Spanish, etc.). Costa is much more of a multi-cultural experience than RCI but I did not find the food and activities to be on par with RCI. Their pastas were better than RCI's but other than pasta I felt the rest of the food was superior on RCI. Costa's arts and crafts offerings were superior to RCI (and at no charge) but RCI shines in the other activity areas. The production shows on Costa were much more sophomoric than on RCI. The Costa Mediterranea is a beautiful ship but it did not have all of the bells and whistles of an RCI ship. However, I must say I found the service to be equal on both ships with perhaps a slight edge to Costa for the care and concern for passengers exhibited by staff. Also, the beds were more comfortable on Costa than on RCi in my opinion.

Archived