New Aqua Class Flyer

BethV114

The question is why suite pax would want to eat at Blu if there was no compelling reason either for better food or service than the MDR? IMO =X= would not open Blu to suite pax unless there was something appealing about it to their higher paying pax. This just heightens the exclusiveness of the venue for AQ pax.
=X= will have some explaining to do if Blu is not at least at par with the other specialty restaurants.

OooooKAY! And there's a new way for me to think about it - increasing my optimism again! Excellent point. :)

Oh, these mental games that I play with myself...I just wish the damn cruise would GET here already!

It will be here before you know it. When are you sailing?

Help!!!!!!!:eek: I'm trying to book the Equinox for Dec. '09 and want to book a Aquaclass cabin. I've spoken to 2 vacation planners at Celebrity and got two totally different answers about Blu. The first told us we would eat in the main dining room and have 3 complementary dinners at Blu. The second said we would eat exclusively at Blu and it would be open seating. At this point my head is spinning. Does anyone know which of these is correct or are they both wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice. It will be greatly aprreciated!!!!:)

Help!!!!!!!:eek: I'm trying to book the Equinox for Dec. '09 and want to book the Aquaclass cabin. I've spoken to 2 vacation planners at Celebrity and got two totally different answers about Blu. The first told us we would eat on the main dining room and have 3 complementary dinners at Blu. The second said we would eat exclusively at Blu and it would be open seating. At this point my head is spinning. Does anyone know which of these is correct or are they both wrong?

Blu is Aqua class pax' assigned restaurant and you have the choice of 1st or 2nd seating in Blu, just like the main dining room is for the other (non-Aqua class) pax. So they're both wrong. Also, Blu follows the same dress code as the MDR so don't let anyone tell you differently on this point.

Zacky, I'm not sailing until Oct. 09!! By then we'll have all these questions answered :D But I do enjoy driving myself crazy speculating, hoping and dreaming.

Madelinerose - I know it'll be great - which is what makes this wait seem even LONGER! But hey, I gotta fill in the time between cruises with something - might as well be analyzing every last detail of Solstice Class to the nth degree on Cruise Critic. :p

Help!!!!!!!:eek: I'm trying to book the Equinox for Dec. '09 and want to book a Aquaclass cabin. I've spoken to 2 vacation planners at Celebrity and got two totally different answers about Blu. The first told us we would eat in the main dining room and have 3 complementary dinners at Blu. The second said we would eat exclusively at Blu and it would be open seating. At this point my head is spinning. Does anyone know which of these is correct or are they both wrong?

Wow, Celebrity's TA's need some upgrading of their knowledge of the product they sell. Especially that first one - I've never heard that one before. The second one is at least partially right, except for the open seating part. Although I am sympathetic - =X= seems to continually make changes to the Blu concept. I suppose, like us, nobody will really know how well it's all gonna work until they get out there.

Listen to Rolfecms - he knows his stuff, and keeps up on things. (Better than I do!)

Blu is Aqua class pax' assigned restaurant and you have the choice of 1st or 2nd seating in Blu, just like the main dining room is for the other (non-Aqua class) pax. So they're both wrong. Also, Blu follows the same dress code as the MDR so don't let anyone tell you differently on this point.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.:) :D :p I feel so much better.:p Just curious, where did you find this info? I looked on the Celebrity website but found nothing. Obviously, the cruise line needs to educate their employees.:( Hard to believe we got such horrible info.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.:) :D :p I feel so much better.:p Just curious, where did you find this info? I looked on the Celebrity website but found nothing. Obviously, the cruise line needs to educate their employees.:( Hard to believe we got such horrible info.

Thanks, I'm glad I was able to help you. :) Most of what I've learned about the Solstice is through these threads and the brochure. As far as Blu is concerned here are some threads that were particularly enlightening: This one deals with the Solstice preview party on July 8 in Miami: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=805402

This one deals with Blu specifically: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=806692

Wow, Celebrity's TA's need some upgrading of their knowledge of the product they sell. Especially that first one - I've never heard that one before. The second one is at least partially right, except for the open seating part. Although I am sympathetic - =X= seems to continually make changes to the Blu concept. I suppose, like us, nobody will really know how well it's all gonna work until they get out there.

Listen to Rolfecms - he knows his stuff, and keeps up on things. (Better than I do!)

Thanks Lee Anne, I appreciate the kind words. I'm so excited about the Solstice and Aqua class as I know you are, and am eager to learn whatever I can about the new ship. I must say I've always found your comments to be insightful, crisp and to the point. I value the experience that always shows through in your postings. :D

Thanks, I'm glad I was able to help you. :) Most of what I've learned about the Solstice is through these threads and the brochure. As far as Blu is concerned here are some threads that were particularly enlightening: This one deals with the Solstice preview party on July 8 in Miami: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=805402

This one deals with Blu specifically: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=806692

Haven't looked at your threads but will. We just booked the Equinox for Dec '09. What a great price and can't wait to see what AC is like. We did confirm that we will be eating in Blu and have late seating. We both love the idea of eating in a much smaller dining room.

Thanks for your input, you made our decision so easy for us!!!!:p :D :D :D

We're pretty new to cruising and will take our first Celebrity cruise on the Constellation in January. Looking forward to the experience!!:)

Archived