Wine

giles33

If you really look at the numbers, the $25 corkage although a bit high is still a good deal if you really enjoy good wine. Just one example of this would be a bottle of Dom Perignon. This can be bought at Costco for about $100 plus the $25 corkage is $125. Far cheaper then the $180 on the wine list. You also have to look at the fact that the ship does not offer all of the wines that you might enjoy. For example, I will be bringing a Ca del' Bosco Dosage Zero along that is very hard to find. The cost will be about $50. I might have it in the cabin or on deck or share it with folks I meet at dinner. The potential $75 is still a good value.

If I recall, when the corkage was $15, I was told by the wine steward that he only gets about $3 of the $15. That $3 is equal to a guest ordering the cheapest bottle on the list. What a slap in the face that must be.

garardo

this could be true, but $25 is $10 higher than any other line. I just hope the rest do not follow...Of course for those who drink the best, it may seem fair, most of us do not....

Nita

If you really look at the numbers, the $25 corkage although a bit high is still a good deal if you really enjoy good wine. Just one example of this would be a bottle of Dom Perignon. This can be bought at Costco for about $100 plus the $25 corkage is $125. Far cheaper then the $180 on the wine list. You also have to look at the fact that the ship does not offer all of the wines that you might enjoy. For example, I will be bringing a Ca del' Bosco Dosage Zero along that is very hard to find. The cost will be about $50. I might have it in the cabin or on deck or share it with folks I meet at dinner. The potential $75 is still a good value.

If I recall, when the corkage was $15, I was told by the wine steward that he only gets about $3 of the $15. That $3 is equal to a guest ordering the cheapest bottle on the list. What a slap in the face that must be.

garardo

dup to many times; slow board tonight!!!!

garardo

again and again

garardo

I guess I just want to get my point across. LOL

Archived