What is Regent's protocol when they oversell?

Our TA called with an offer from Regent today (Monday) - our sailing (in a week and a day) is oversold and they want volunteers (with compensation). Due to our schedules, there was no way for us to even consider it - we booked it over a year ago, and if we miss it, there's no way we can do anything until next summer, or even worse, until 2010!

So, now, worry and doubt creep in - what if they do not get any volunteers? How do they choose the unlucky souls? Could it be us??? Do they take into account when you booked/ how many times you've sailed on Regent (in which case, we're toast). Just wondering what their protocol is. I know one of you Regent pros or TAs will assuage my fears:).

I understand your concern but don't stress over it. I think Regent will up the ante until someone with a more flexible schedule will grab the generous offer.

Airlines, hotels and cruise lines overbook because they know there will be some dropouts - but sometimes they get caught and then the offers begin.

Have a wonderful cruise!

There should be no problem, since most people cruising on Regent are retired and very flexible to changing their travel plans with some nice compensation, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

as a TA Owner- I wouldn't worry about it- people will cancel- especially if Regent (Apollo) decides to up the compensation- more money for the older people to have money to wager on during their Bridge Games.

Just curious, are you on the Mariner? We have a GTY-H for August 20th cruise, that's sold out, and don't have a suite assigned yet. What did they offer?

We sail on the Mariner, Aug 13 and picked our specific PHC suite when we booked. They offered us a full refund (cruise, air diversion fee, Grandview train transfer, extra night at Anchorage Hilton) plus about 25% additional for each person - which isn't our magic number for this cruise.

i am becoming one of those older people...

but if you look at the ages of Regent, Crystal, etc... older is the norm... and yes i make lots of money from these ships... just stating the obvious facts

Archived