VIP Theater Seating

miss-heli

I am not expecting any type of special treatment because I am going to relax and enjoy myself. I also dont like sitting up front I prefer the main floor mid rows on the sides because I like to get the heck out of the theater when the shows end.

I understand what you are saying about "Perks" for people who pay more but just never experienced being treated less or more than anyone. I have been on Carnival, RCCL & Princess and never saw or read about perferential treatment. I just dont want to sit in the wrong place and be asked to move ... that would be humiliating.

You will be fine.. just remember.. please do not look at any of us suite pax in the eye as we pass... keep your head bowed..

LOL..sorry.. that is my running joke every time this subject comes up. (suite perks as opposed to other perks) Always remember this. If you were to sit in the wrong chair somewhere as it was reserved for suite pax, and someone came up and asked you to move in a way that humiliated you, that is MUCH more a reflection on them, than it is on you.

We do enjoy the suite perks.. but you want to know the perks we enjoy the most?? Priority boarding, having a separate area to wait in when boarding the ship and having a concierge. I could care less if we had a butler or not. You want to know why the priority boarding and the separate waiting area are so important to me? Because I’m claustrophobic (sp) in large groups of people.. Not confining spaces, but when surrounded by a lot of people.. like elbow to elbow and ciaos. Also, I'm a big guy and I need the extra shower room you usually get in a suite. Oh.. and a very recent perk that I LOVE.. breakfast and lunch in Cagney’s. So for those things, we pay a premium for, but they are worth it to me/us. Do I think it makes us better than anyone else or should those who aren’t in a suite be treated like dirt? Absolutely not. Some of the people I have enjoyed meeting and spending time with on a cruise had the smallest inside stateroom. They probably had much more money than us, just choose to not spend it on a suite. I know I’m rambling, but what I'm trying to say is.. Don't ever let someone else make you feel less than. At the end of the day.. we are all just people.

You will be fine.. just remember.. please do not look at any of us suite pax in the eye as we pass... keep your head bowed..

LOL..sorry.. that is my running joke every time this subject comes up.

That's very good advise , I looked at a villa guest in eye once and they had their butler beat me :p... I know my place now...

Well, we will eventually get beyond a BA Balcony! HAHA!!! When we first started cruising we only got Inside cabins then worked our way up to an Oceanview, then came the Balcony Guaranteed and this and the last 2 cruises were/are a BA. So .. one of these days!!!

Thank you all for your info!

Well, we will eventually get beyond a BA Balcony! HAHA!!! When we first started cruising we only got Inside cabins then worked our way up to an Oceanview, then came the Balcony Guaranteed and this and the last 2 cruises were/are a BA. So .. one of these days!!!

Thank you all for your info!

Be very aware of one thing.. As you move up in catagories, you find them addictive. For instance.. after you have your first BA, you will find you just can't cruise without a balcony. Once you get into a suite and enjoy the size of the suite and the perks you get with a suite.. you will wonder how you ever sailed without them..LOL..

I am not expecting any type of special treatment because I am going to relax and enjoy myself. I also dont like sitting up front I prefer the main floor mid rows on the sides because I like to get the heck out of the theater when the shows end.

I understand what you are saying about "Perks" for people who pay more but just never experienced being treated less or more than anyone. I have been on Carnival, RCCL & Princess and never saw or read about perferential treatment. I just dont want to sit in the wrong place and be asked to move ... that would be humiliating.

There are signs stating that those seats are reserved for Garden Villa, Owners Suite and Courtyard Villa guests. Don't worry about it. And like everything else in life - you get what you pay for. Reserved seating is just one of many perks suite guests get. But everybody enjoys the ship the same way. Relax and enjoy your cruise.

In other words, someone in an inside cabin isn't going to receive the same perks that you will receive in a BA; thus, you will also be receiving preferential treatment.

So out of curiosity...what more "preferential treatment" would the person in the BA cabin get as opposed to me being in an inside cabin?? How would my treatment differ?

I hate that concept as well. At least with Sandals AI vacations, you are treated the same (like royalty!!) whether you get a private cottage or a room in the main reception area. That's how it should be.

It's a shame that my family is taking our very first cruise and to think we will receive "lesser preferential treatment" isn't right to me. If treatment isn't up to my standards or I feel that we are not treated as we should be....than no more cruising for us. We are first-timers and no matter where our room is, that shouldn't dictate on how we are treated. they should treat us in a way in which they would want us to come back.

I was just curious to hear the differences in the "preferential treatment" of a BA cabin as opposed to us in a measley ol' inside cabin??

Regardless, we are planning on having a good time. I was just curious, that's all.

I have been treated wonderfully on every cruise (4 dif lines). The suites just get you more perks, not different treatment. Often the wording comes across to suggest such.

As previously mentioned, some people don't care a hoot about those perks, so they don't bother. In doing so, their cruise costs less than those who want or need them. With freestyle it is all about choices. If you want those things you pay for them (sometimes over $30k in a GV) and if you don't you can cruise on a budget. That is how it should be. If everyone got all of the perks as a standard, all of the lower rates would have to rise, making it more difficult for some to justify the cost of a cruise, when they didn't care if they had a butler or VIP seating or not.

All of the starr should be gracious and accomodating to you. If they aren't, NCL would want to hear about it DURING your cruise.

I think you might be worrying over nothing. We leave on our 7th cruise next week, one HAL, the rest ncl, and always choose an inside cabin. I have never felt "less than" anyone else onboard. To me, part of the fun is looking around, knowing that I am having at least as good a time as any other passenger, and I likely paid 70%-90% less than most of them. Kinda like buying that new linen blouse yesterday, $67 marked down to $2.95. I have a fine blouse and I also get the thrill-of-the-hunt. We spend very little time in the cabin; for us, it's a place to change clothes and sleep. I love being on the ships... why would I sit in the cabin and miss all that?! I also enjoy meeting people, which I would not do if I had a huge suite and a balcony. To each his own...this works for us. However, we do have a balcony in October, and I hope it will not spoil me. Next thing you know, I might want to start paying full price for classy linen blouses!

So out of curiosity...what more "preferential treatment" would the person in the BA cabin get as opposed to me being in an inside cabin?? How would my treatment differ?

I hate that concept as well. At least with Sandals AI vacations, you are treated the same (like royalty!!) whether you get a private cottage or a room in the main reception area. That's how it should be.

It's a shame that my family is taking our very first cruise and to think we will receive "lesser preferential treatment" isn't right to me. If treatment isn't up to my standards or I feel that we are not treated as we should be....than no more cruising for us. We are first-timers and no matter where our room is, that shouldn't dictate on how we are treated. they should treat us in a way in which they would want us to come back.

I was just curious to hear the differences in the "preferential treatment" of a BA cabin as opposed to us in a measley ol' inside cabin??

Regardless, we are planning on having a good time. I was just curious, that's all.

I have no idea what these perks are ... this will be my first time on NCL. So, I have not a clue what to expect or not to expect.

I think there may be a bit of miscommunication or misperception about "perks" and "benefits" versus "treatment." All pax, regardless of cabin category, are treated the same by the crew and have access to the basic amenities of the ship. However, pax in certain categories (e.g., balcony or suite) have added benefits that go with the higher category (and higher fare). It's not that inside or oceanview pax are considered "less than" suite pax. It's that suite pax have paid more for larger staterooms, more amenities, and perks that the cruise line deems those suites should have. The perks do not take anything away from how the other pax are treated; they simply add to the experience of cruising in a suite (or mini-suite/balcony, which have a few added benefits over inside/oceanviews). The cruise line has deemed that X things are the basics that all pax will have--and that includes professional and pleasant treatment onboard the ship. For example, someone in an inside cabin will not have a "lesser" massage than someone in a suite who has paid for the same massage. That massage will also cost the same amount regardless of what cabin you are in.

It is not the least bit pretentious or extravagent to make use of the extras that someone has paid for in a balcony or in a suite. In a sense, it is like buying a car. The Honda is going to have all the basics (and you can pay for "extra" features too), while the Lexus is going to have all the same basics as the Honda but perhaps higher quality materials or fancier styling or more included extras. Is it "unfair" for the Lexus owner to use those added features that they've paid for? Of course not. Ditto for suite pax enjoying the perks and benefits they've paid for. (I should mention that we are "balcony people" who don't cruise without a balcony. That is our choice to pay more and cruise less often to have what we want. We've only ever "lived the suite life" once, and that was on NCL. It was fabulous. We've never before or after resented suite pax having and enjoying the perks of being in a suite.)

beachchick

Honestly unless the ship is sinking you will never notice the difference and then the only difference you will see is that as suite guest they load us on the lifeboats first. Ok..bad joke maybe..but it is kind of my point.

I don't mean to slam you, mammaof2girls, it is just that either you have not traveled that much or you aren't very observant. No matter where you go or what you do, people who pay more are going to get special treatment. It is the way of the world. Don't you think it is special treatment when you go to board the plane and first class and frequent fliers get to board first? Do we feel slighted when that happens.. no.. because guess what..if I owned the airlines and someone paid three or four times over the cheapest rate then I would gladly allow them on first.

Beachchick said it best. Suite Pax get perks that other cabins do not. Doesn't mean the staff treats them differently, just that they get special things.

I do not know about Sandels and will have to rely on your experience there, but of all the hotels we have ever stayed in, suite guest get better perks than we do in the smallest room. It is just the way of the world and I doubt it will change in my life time.

I think you will have a great time on your cruise. Choosing an insdie stateroom for your first cruise is actually a smart thing to do since you do not know if you willl like cruising or not. If you spent all the money on a BA or suite and then didn't like cruising, that would have been a big waste of money.

Just go on your cruise with a positive attitude and with the thought that it is YOUR cruise and YOUR vacation and don't let anyone ruin it for you. If you do that, you will have a great time. OH.. and never hesitate to ask the crew for things you want, etc. I do believe no matter what room you are staying in, the crew does everything they can to make your vacation a great one.

Archived