Private Island Excursion - Other than thru ship?

rjkcubs

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for our group. We will be traveling with 12 people.... 8 adults, a 5-year old, and 3 children under the age of 2. As I have read, Belize seems to be a location where an excursion is needed. In all of our cruises we have never done an excursion through the ship, as we have always found they seem to be about half-price when purchased in port. That being said, does anyone know of any excursions similar to a beach break, or private island. I have read about Bannister Island and it might be a decent fit, but wondering if there were other options. We are very limited with our age groups, considering long bus rides or long boat rides are virtually out with the little ones. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I heard thru the grapevine that Fab Tours has their own island now. They used to go to Bannister.

I wouldn't worry about it. There should be several independent companies at the tender dock that offer island trips and there will probably be reviews on this board.

As recommended by another poster, we turned right once we got out of the port terminal area, and headed to the Radisson Hotel. Outside of the building were licensed tour guides (with their own vehicles) offering trips...

as luck would have it, Daniel (THE Daniel Itzca- sp??) mentioned on other posts became our tour guide. He drove us around a little, then took us to Altun Ha - the Mayan Ruins (where we wanted us to go). The Snake Man (refer to previous postings) had been bitten by a snake the week before and was in the hospital, but we did get a picture of his house. Daniel took us there (five of us) in his mini-van for $125. We were with him for at least four hours, I think. He was very knowledgeable....we thoroughly enjoyed our time with him, and I would recommend him to anyone.

Archived