anyone see the weather for this week, wow

citygirl

well of course we don't leave until Saturday but this weeks weather looks GREAT, upper 70's in Vancouver and then 60's and sunny in Ketchikan, Juneau and even Sitka, please say it's a trend and we're in for the same!!

we just got back

we had rain almost every day, sounds like this week is going to be much better

but, honestly, even with the rain it was so beautiful I didn't care (plus it was 107 back in Texas, not sorry to have missed that)

well of course we don't leave until Saturday but this weeks weather looks GREAT, upper 70's in Vancouver and then 60's and sunny in Ketchikan, Juneau and even Sitka, please say it's a trend and we're in for the same!!

That figures! The week of July 19-26 when we went was the coldest. :(

We just got back late last night. We flew into Anchorage July26th. It was raining a little that day and a little bit the next but from then on all of our cruising and ports were great weather. Our ports were Skagway, Juneau & Ketchikan and then we flew home yesterday out of Vancouver. We feel really blessed and had a fantastic vacation! We were on the Coral Princess. I will post pictures later. Kathy

I've just checked the Mendenhall Glacier webcam and I don't believe it..... the sun is shining!!

I check the webcam most days and can't remember the last time I saw blue sky.

Here's hoping the weather stays good until our cruise at the beginning of September!! LOL :D

Kim

I've just checked the Mendenhall Glacier webcam and I don't believe it..... the sun is shining!!

I check the webcam most days and can't remember the last time I saw blue sky.

Here's hoping the weather stays good until my cruise at the beginning of September!! LOL :D

Kim

We just got back - you really don't know what you're going to get until you're there. We had rain and cool weather but the sun peaked through when it counted the most - on our whale watch, our train and bus ride to the Yukon, and cruising to the glacier. It rained on our hike thru a rain forest - appropriate! Our captain reminded us frequently - in Alaska you can see all 4 seasons in any one day! Prepare for cool and rainy and you'll be fine, but bring a hat, gloves and your sunglasses!

The sky was empty of clouds and so blue this mid-morning--I nearly sobbed. Of course, it's clouded up again, but still, the sun was there, in sky! To be seen by everyone! And it was warm enough for short sleeves!

Seriously, I'd been seeing my breath even in the middle of the afternoon this past week.

Okay, here's my take on this. Don't pay attention to the weather reports. We just got back from our NCL cruise this past Sat. 8/2. Before we left the weather report was for rain in all of our ports. We only had rain in Ketchikan. Every other port we had beautiful weather. The Sun actually was out every day. It wasn't "shortsleeve" weather (but keep in mind I'm from California). Do be prepared for the rain though, especially in Ketchiakn. Layering got me through just fine.:D We did a river float in Juneau and the sun was shinning while we shot the river by the Mendenhall Glacier. It was awesome! Alaska rocks!

Really? I've been watching the 10 day forecast since we leave on the 18th. 9 out or 10 days have showers in the forecast for most of the Alaska cities I looked up.

Archived