Discover Scuba in Cozumel or Grand Cayman?

bwgreen

I am going on the Carnival Legend on October 26th, and am stopping at Cozumel and Grand Cayman. My wife and I would like to do the Discover Scuba tour - we were going to book through the ship but it looks like Carnival doesn't offer it in those ports - and I was looking for recommendations as to which port to go in and what operator to use. There's a lot of choices, but neither one of us being a diver makes it hard to know what to look for.

Can anyone give some help?

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian

we were on the July 27th Legend cruise. We did a Discover Scuba program with Ramon Zapata's Divers Aquadventures which is located in Chankanaab park. They will only take small groups (4 students per instructor, with a maximum of 8 people in a group) which was great because I've heard the programs through the cruise line can be very crowded, which can be dangerous. Myself and 2 of my sons wound up being the only divers so it was basically a private lesson. Manuel our instructor was very patient and knowledgable and it was a great experience, one of the highlights of our trip!

If you go to Chankanaab Park and pay to get in. Go to the scuba huts on the beach and they offer the vacation scuba there. This is in Cozumel. In Grand Cayman you can go to Edan Rock Dive Shop - to teh right of the tender drop off - you will see the Red Dive Flags - look up their website - and they have a pier there to dive and snorkel off of and I'm pretty sure they offer vacation scuba as well. Just check thier website - it may be spelled Eden Rock... Hope this helps. Debbie

FYI if you decide to do the scuba in chakanaab it is less expensive if you book on the internet beforehand. see below email i had received from pedro zapata at aqua adventures.

"Discover Scuba program costs 65us and park entrance fee 16us but if you make internet reservations the package costs 76us and includes both things and snorkel. For the non divers full snorkel gear and entrance tickets cost 31us, reserved via internet it costs 26us.

The Cruise ship’s dock is a 10 minute taxi ride from Chankanaab Park and it costs 10-12us per car (up to 4 persons)"

Archived