Discover Scuba in Cozumel or Grand Cayman

bwgreen

I am going on the Carnival Legend on October 26th, and am stopping at Cozumel and Grand Cayman. My wife and I would like to do the Discover Scuba tour - we were going to book through the ship but it looks like Carnival doesn't offer it in those ports - and I was looking for recommendations as to which port to go in and what operator to use. There's a lot of choices, but neither one of us being a diver makes it hard to know what to look for.

Can anyone give some help?

Thanks,

Grand Cayman is great for easy diving, we did a scuba dive there back in June. Eden Rock is one that is highly recommended on the scuba boards here on cruise critic, here is their link. The discover scuba is under the INSTRUCTION tab:

http://www.edenrockdive.com/

Here is a link to the scuba board here on cruise critic, lots of good info and a great place to ask for advice:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40

I also frequent a board called scubaboard dot com, you may want to check there.

Personally, Cozumel is not what I would call an easy place to scuba dive. It would be a drift dive due to the currents. We did our dives with Scuba With Alison. Great dive but I am not sure if she does Discover Scuba but it couldnt hurt to email her and ask. Here is her link:

http://www.scubawithalison.com/

Have a GREAT cruise and safe scuba diving!

I've been diving both places and while I slightly prefer diving in Cozumel, I'd still recommend Grand Cayman for the place to do a discover scuba dive if you have to choose only one place. I think the shallow diving in Grand Cayman is still better than Cozumel.

We are doing the same 2 ports in March with NCl Jewel. Beacause we really want to do Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman, we are opting to do the discover scuba in Cozumel. The only 2 actually doing the dive will be my husband and 18 year old son. They are both strong swimmers, so I'm hoping Coz is still a good choice for first timers.

We are doing the same 2 ports in March with NCl Jewel. Beacause we really want to do Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman, we are opting to do the discover scuba in Cozumel. The only 2 actually doing the dive will be my husband and 18 year old son. They are both strong swimmers, so I'm hoping Coz is still a good choice for first timers.

They'll have a great time.

Archived