Aft Mini Suite

debbiew19

Hi-

We were just offered the opportunity to take an aft mini suite on the Jewel. My husband is hesitant because he has been told that if the waters are rough it is worse to be up high at the back of the boat. That that location makes the sea sickness worse...

Any thoughts??

I was always told if you suffer from any seasickness, you want to be in the MIDDLE of the ship so I always booked a cabin somewhere around the middle of the deck, on the middle deck (7, 8 etc.) Although I get sick even THINKING about getting sick, I have never once suffered from seasickness. I take a Dramamine before I leave for the airport, by the time the thing wears off I have already gotten my sea legs and my stomach/mind is accustomed to the movement. Two cruises ago, the upgrade fairy bestowed on me a Category 12 Verandah suite (amazing since I had paid for an inside category 4A but that's a whole 'nother story). At first I was going to tell her -- "put me back in steerage!" -- but then I figured I'd give it a shot. Even being at the tippy top of the front of the ship I had NO PROBLEM with motion sickness. Tell hubby to go for the Aft Suite and take some Dramamine or Bonine along just in case. Have a great time!!!

Did our first Aft this last cruise and will never go back. In fact we will wait for a cruise until an Aft room is available. No wind, beautiful from ever angle coming and going. You will love it. TAKE IT.

Warning aft balconies are so nice, you really never want to do anything but sit out there and enjoy them.

Nancy

OK folks, stay away from 'our' aft cabin! It's the only way we have cruised - and will continue to. No aft cabin available? We take another ship/cruise.

My take on sea sickness: If it's rough enough and you are prone to become sea sick, it doesn't matter where you are on the ship, you will be sick. Another thing: The Jewel is so big and heavy at 93,000 tons, she just shoulders those waves aside and plows right through them. Go for the aft cabin.

What's wrong with all of you encouraging the OP to take an AFT cabin? Don't you know the more people who try them, the less likely we'll be able to get them for ourselves? :eek:

To the OP: DON'T take the AFT, you'll just hate it! :D:D

Archived