Souther Carrib. Feb sailing - which ship for couples / less kids?

Hi all. We are still planning our Souther carribbean vacation. I am a teacher & can only take off certain weeks. We were now thinking of a Southern carrib. cruise from San Juan in Febuary 18 (the week when my district is off). Here are my options:

Either the Celebrity Constellation, RCCL, Adventure of the Seas , RCCL, Serenade of the Seas, or Golden Princess.

I have read some reviews of the AOS suring the February break when a lot of schools are out & several reviews said the boat was overwhelmed with kids - something we would like to avoid. Which boat do you think would be better for couples who want to avoid a ship teeming with kids. I know any ship that week will have kids on it, but I would like to avoid a situation like I read on some Feb. break reviews.

Any advice would be appreciated,
Marina

As you said, any ship will have kids when school is out. In general,Celebrity attracts more of an adult crowd so the Constellation may have fewer children. I have read that Princess actually places a limit on the number of children they will accept on any given cruise. Since RCCL promotes itself as a family oriented cruise line their ships are likely to have the most kids on board.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=03>
<param name="day" value=19>
<param name="hour" value=17>
</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I agree with SuperJerry. I would make Celebrity my first choice and Pricess as my 2nd choice.

"To live on the land...we must learn from the sea" (Calypso)

(26 prior cruises. Nobody cares, so why list them all?)

I'm a teacher too so I always travel on school vacation weeks for my 11 year old daughter. We were on Enchantment this Feb and it had over 600 kids..NO PROBLEM at all. We are already booked for Serenade for next February. So with my friends there will be atleast 2 kids!

We did Radiance last Feb out of PR, I think something like the 22nd, and there were not that many kids on board. My theory is that the cost to fly kids there is too much for most families. (avg. flight is probably $200 more to go to PR as opposed to going to Fla. and the flights are more limited) Anyway, good luck.

Mark

Archived