Where can I go to see cabins as they become available?

Painter

MARLENEANN, that's a very good question. I don't think the two who replied really read your question. You can see cabin layouts on many, many different web sites. I'll bet you already knew that. But to see which cabins are available? That's a stumper. Wouldn't it be nice if cruise lines used the same sort of system that airlines used to show which seats were taken and which ones were available! I know that I've made reservations on airlines based on this knowledge. If the seats that I was interested in were not available, I'd find another flight, or another airline. It's the same way with cruising. If I knew exactly which cabins were reserved, and which ones were available, it would definately have a bearing on whether or not I was interested in the cruise. Isn't it about time Princess started offering this type of service? Other lines show you available cabins. Let's move into the information age!! If the Princess agent, or your travel agent can see cabins, why not let us see them too?

Some of the online booking sites will show SOME but perhaps not all of the available cabins. I know for certain travelocity does. It is my understanding Princess, and the other lines, release a certain number of cabins in each catagory to these agencies. I've been told six is the limit, don't know if that is cast in stone or not. I frequently use travelocity to check this out.

There are several sites where you can search for a specific cabin's availability, if not all at once. One is through AAA's site, if you're a member. A couple others, including one you'd go to to buy "cheap tickets", if say you were looking for airline tickets, I'm not sure I'm allowed to mention, all use the same system, just show different prices. You have to know what cabin category you want, then pretend to reserve your cruise. Select the category your cabin is in, and about 7 cabins will come up (assuming that many are still available). Below those choices will be a box that says "Choose your own cabin" with a space to enter the number.

Enter your cabin choice. If the cabin is available, it will appear on the next page for booking. If not, different sites have different error messages - sometimes you'll just get a strange page of random characters, sometimes a message telling you there are no more cabins in that category (this is not necessarily true, it just means THAT cabin is not available), etc. This method is very time consuming if you're just checking for ship fullness, etc, but if you're looking for say an aft cabin, you can find out if one's available fairly easily. Just remember, if you're in the wrong category (say searching in BB's instead of BA's), you'll always be told the cabin isn't available, even if it is, so be sure of your category.

Yes I did read the question incorrectly.

It is frustrating not to be able to see which cabin is free.It seems Princess only give Travelocity certain cabins not all their selection.

Yet again I travel with British Airways to UK to visit relatives.They show a seat plan but they only release certain seats for anyone to book on line....the others all look booked...its not just the bulk head or exits,others are

held back as well and released day of departure of flight.Actually on my last flight they already gave me seats in an area I usually sit in.....but when I wonted to improve on those the decent seats looked all booked months in advance.

So Princess is not the only one that uses a secret booking plan.

In answer to your question, there is no where you can go to find ALL the cabins available in any category. You can go to search engines like travelocity, expedia or online cruise brokers which link directly to the cruiseline and this will show you a # of cabins released that day for sale. It changes from day to day but it is not everything open, not sold. The cruiseline holds back cabins for gty bookings so you will not see those. If you are interested in a particular cabin and it does not show up when doing your search, the only way to find out if it's sold or available is to call your TA who will call the cruiseline. If you booked directly thru the CL, you can place the call yourself. Happy Sailing!

Archived