Infinity doing Antartica

tupper10

In my never ending search for places to cruise we saw that Celebrity is doing two trips to Antartica one in Jan and one in Feb 2010. We booked and all of the the aft rooms were already taken. I couldn't believe it. Though I know the smaller ships actually land we really couldn't spend the 10,000 + airfare per person. Princess also goes but the cruise is too long since unfortunately we have to work. We love Celebrity and thought we would do just fine seeing the sights without getting off of the ship. They are also going to have a naturalist on board. I am posting this since I have a feeling these cruises will go quickly. We did Alaska with Celebrity and we are hoping that this will be as good.

We did Antarctica on the Star Princess in late February this year, and it was the trip of a lifetime. We had clear wonderful days while cruising Antarctica, and the luck of "Drake Lake" instead of the rough time we expected and smooth seas as we rounded the Horn. The naturalist lecturers were absolutely top notch, and I am sure Celebrity will have good ones also. Since you cannot take the time off for the Star cruise,I am sure you will love the trip on Celebrity as well.

However, I would do it in January if I were doing it again, just from the point of better chance of lots of penguins at the ports. We certainly saw penguins, but from posts and a blog of the previous cruise, January is a better time and the babies are younger. But whether you choose January or February, even a "drive by", as we did, is the trip of a lifetime. Go for it!

Hi, we are planning on booking next week when we board the Connie for the Baltic cruise. I had called and there are still balcony cabins, concierge class, but didn't check on Aft as I get seasick easily. Looks like a wonderful cruise, and January seems like the best time from all I have read, including the post by latebloomercruiser (thanks!). There is already a roll call for the Jan. 2010 date; just go to Infinity roll call. It's exciting!

TUpper,

This looks like a great itinerary, I hope you enjoy it. Would love to join you but we already have plans for that time of year. Maybe we'll be able to do this in 2011. It should be a little warmer down there by then. :D

In my never ending search for places to cruise we saw that Celebrity is doing two trips to Antartica one in Jan and one in Feb 2010. We booked and all of the the aft rooms were already taken. I couldn't believe it. Though I know the smaller ships actually land we really couldn't spend the 10,000 + airfare per person. Princess also goes but the cruise is too long since unfortunately we have to work. We love Celebrity and thought we would do just fine seeing the sights without getting off of the ship. They are also going to have a naturalist on board. I am posting this since I have a feeling these cruises will go quickly. We did Alaska with Celebrity and we are hoping that this will be as good.

We booked the January date in May shortly after it was released. When I last talked to Celebrity, which was over a month ago, I was told that both ships were already about 60% full and expected to sell out. You did not say which month you booked, but there are already Roll Calls going for both dates. Come over and join us.

I will head over to the roll call board. Any information on which side of ship will be better? Port or starboard. Celebrity really didn't know and for now we are booked starboard CC class room midship.

Archived