Hotels in Tampa

Hi fellow cruisers,

I will be sailing out of Tampa Bay on the Granduer of the Seas in March 2009(Our first cruise) I need help on nice but cheap hotels in the Tampa area any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks in advance

There is a cc menber I think CrackerKen lives in Tampa and has some good posts. I tried to seach but it is down again. I did find this post http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=817341 about Tampa.

Here is some info I copied and saved on my computer from one of his posts, but I would suggest looking for his posts lots of good info.

"Marriott Westshore (Westshore at Cypress)

Sheraton Suites (Cypress just E of Westshore)

Double Tree (next to the Sheraton)

AmeriSuites Hotel (Westshore Blvd N. of Cypress)

Wellsley Inn & Suites (Westshore Blvd)

Residence Inn (Corner of Lois and Boy Scout Blvd)

Hampton Inn (Westshore N. of Cypress)

LaQuinta Inn (Boy Scout, or W. Spruce, just W. of Westshore)

I wrote these down when I was in the area scoping things out for a friend a few months ago. There may be some others, but they cost a lot more, or I didn't note them for some reason or another.

There's no shortage of places to eat in this area, or close by on Dale Mabry Highway.

There is a Hilton Garden Inn and a Hampton Inn & Suites down in the Ybor City area, but they may exceed $100 a night (I was told that the Hampton is higher than $100). These would be within a mile of the terminals."

As a native, I would actually recommend the Brandon area. It's within 10 miles of the cruise terminal, there are plenty of restaurants and hotels that are reasonable AND SAFE. I love the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel but unfortunately it's become so popular and so expensive. The termnal is easy to get to from Brandon..straight shot down the CrossTown Expressway or the Interstate.

Stay away from Dale Mabry...too congested, area has become a crime magnet..

Good luck!

Hi fellow cruisers,

I will be sailing out of Tampa Bay on the Granduer of the Seas in March 2009(Our first cruise) I need help on nice but cheap hotels in the Tampa area any suggestions?:confused:

Thanks in advance

I highly suggest you book whatever soon. I can tell you from experience that hotels cost more in March and can be hard to find in the Tampa area in March due to Snowbirds and maybe a few early spring breakers.

Hi fellow cruisers,

Thanks in advance

I had a cheap retal car through Enterprise and then stayed at the Beachcomber Beach resort in St Pete Beach for $99.00 a night this last February.. Well worth the $$ and the 20 Minutes drive to the Car rental drop off location which is 5 minutes from the Port of Tampa and then Enterprise will give you a free shuttle ride to the port.. It was nice and EASY all the way onto the ship..:D Nice to have the cheap rental car as well to pick up all the LAST minute things one forgets..:D I should mention the Beachcomber is BIG into Live Entertainment. When we were there their were two bands and it was a Wedensday Night ! One inside and one outside by the Beach !:D

As a native, I would actually recommend the Brandon area. It's within 10 miles of the cruise terminal, there are plenty of restaurants and hotels that are reasonable AND SAFE. I love the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel but unfortunately it's become so popular and so expensive. The termnal is easy to get to from Brandon..straight shot down the CrossTown Expressway or the Interstate.

Stay away from Dale Mabry...too congested, area has become a crime magnet..

Good luck!

How about a hotel recommendation in a safe area near Busch Gardens? We are planning a day or 2 there before our cruise in February.:D Thanks, and sorry to barge into the OP's thread.

How about a hotel recommendation in a safe area near Busch Gardens? We are planning a day or 2 there before our cruise in February.:D Thanks, and sorry to barge into the OP's thread.

As a Tampa Native & current resident, I would recommend booking a hotel on Fowler Ave. near USF. Embassy Suites, Wingate by Wyndham, La Quinta look decent & are in a safer area of town, on the backside of Busch Gardens.

I would not recommend staying in a hotel on Busch Blvd. This area is full of crime & the hotels are run down.

As a Tampa Native & current resident, I would recommend booking a hotel on Fowler Ave. near USF. Embassy Suites, Wingate by Wyndham, La Quinta look decent & are in a safer area of town, on the backside of Busch Gardens.

I would not recommend staying in a hotel on Busch Blvd. This area is full of crime & the hotels are run down.

I completely agree! also to OP, if you can splurge in anyway, try the Marriott Waterside (or waterfront) its right next to the port and its a beautiful hotel. the port of Tampa has so much to offer right there - YBOR and Chanel side district

I completely agree! also to OP, if you can splurge in anyway, try the Marriott Waterside (or waterfront) its right next to the port and its a beautiful hotel. the port of Tampa has so much to offer right there - YBOR and Chanel side district

I agree.

I love your countdown to the Bucs season!

We really need to cruise together or meet for tailgaitng!:D

Go Bucs!

Archived