Amadeus Hotels - Prague and Budapest

eldercruser

I would appreciate hearing from those who stayed in the Prague and Budapest Hotels provided by Amadeus this year. The AMA Waterways website does not mention the specific hotels that are provided as part of the cruise.

Thanks in advance.

I would appreciate hearing from those who stayed in the Prague and Budapest Hotels provided by Amadeus this year. The AMA Waterways website does not mention the specific hotels that are provided as part of the cruise.

Thanks in advance.

Hi eldercruiser,

We will be cruising with AMA, Danube Discovery early next month. The hotel in Budapest is Kempinski Corvinus; the hotel in Prague, Hilton Old Town Prague. Both are very well-situated.

The Kempinsky in Budapest was a wonderful hotel. It is in a great location as there are many beautiful places within walking distance. You can also book the hop on hop off tour which leaves about 1/2 block from the hotel.

The hotel itself is immaculately clean with very friendly and helpful staff. The free breakfast is absolutely fantastic.

Hi Eldercruiser,

We stayed at the Prague President Hotel in May 2008 with AmA.

It was close to every thing in the Old Town. Better location than what we had last year.

Kite

Hi Eldercruiser,

We just returned from the Danube Discovery and stayed at both hotels.

As noted, the Kempinski was beautiful and perfectly located for anything you might want to see or do. A note about the breakfast buffet...we did our own land arrangements so breakfast was not included. If you don't have breakfast included, be prepared!! Two coffees that I brought up to the room were $15.

I learned quickly to leave the hotel, walk a few yards to the train station where there was a great little shop selling coffee and pastries.

We are doing Prague on our own before meeting the ship (Amadeus Amalyra) in Nuremburg next July. We are thinking of booking the Hilton Old Town - how was the location in regards to the town square? Is it walkable or should we look for something closer?

Thank you

Archived