Were we or weren't we????

Just back from the Rhapsody this afternoon. We had early seating and were then bumped to late seating. When we went to dinner...table 67. It was on the balcony overlooking the bottom floor. Table for ten filled with two sleepy east Texans and seven wealthy Londoners in "the cruise business". Four adults and three children who seldom attended. One empty seat. On formal night, the head waiter comes over and puts us in certain places, invites two new people to join us and we wait.... for the second in command to join us. Did you know they don't drink water from the pitcher like the rest of us? icon_razz.gifWe had bottled water and the wine flowed also. Most enjoyable. Now the question is.... Were we at the Captain's table the whole week? Never saw anything to indicate any other table was the Captains and it is not my style to ask.

Feeling like a true East Texas Rube....Ha!

You just returned from the Rhapsody!! Tell us more! Did you have fun? How was your cabin? The food? The service? How was the weather at the ports and at sea? Was it your first cruise? Or maybe first on the Rhapsody? Sorry...I'm rambling. I just LOVE to read new reviews about the Rhapsody!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Sophie

We had a junior suite. Loved the extra balcony space. We had a superb stateroom attendant. I think it is time for the Rhapsody to be refurbished. The mattress sagged and the furnishings looked old. The public rooms all looked pretty good to me. The service and food in the dining room were good. Some things were wonderful and some things just so so. I am cold natured, so I was quite cool until Key West. Then it was lovely. Didn't seem to keep people out of the pools! The Captain has got to be the funniest in the fleet. He is better than the cruise director. If you like sea days better than being in port, then this is the cruise for you. There is a noticeable vibration when the ship is at full speed. Not too bad, but you know it is there. Plan to write in more detail later. Debarkation this morning was a nightmare. There were 900 Mexican nationals on board this week and it took FOREVER to get them off. All in all we had a wonderful time.

When we were in Hawaii we had dinner cooked by the head chef for us. One of our group invited him and a few others to go fishing and the fish that was caught was specially prepared for us. The also served bottled water and had lots of wine for us. But on our regualr table we sat next to a table that was also used by some of the staff and it was empty many nights. So it was problably not the captains table as that is a prominent one in the middle of the dining room.

barbara02.gif

My vacation pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/abridalmaven

Norwegian Dawn May 23

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Generally the Captains table is on the first level of the dining room in the very center of the room, all tables on the 2nd level can see it if they look down, a round table of ten or so but it is a larger round table. I have always noticed it because during main seating the table is empty.

3/98 Grandeur of the Seas

4/00 Grandeur of the Seas

2/02 Enchantment of the Seas

04/16/05 Navigator of the Seas

I'm glad you had a great trip. I am excited to try the Rhapsody as it will be my first vision class ship, and I have sailed out of TX once before and I really liked The texas port!

1/01 NCL Majesty

1/02 NCL Majesty

1/03 RCCL Brilliance of the Seas

3/03 Carnival Jubilee

8/03 RCCL Navigator Of the Seas

1/04 RCCL Adventure of the Seas

3/04 RCCL Radiance of the Seas

8/15/04 Rhapsody of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;8;15;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

14 DAY LEGEND OF THE SEAS PANAMA CANAL CRUISE (12/26/04)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;12;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

3/13/05 SPRING BREAK on the Explorer of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;3;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived