EOS to Bermuda

Fred C

I'm sailing the EOS 5-night cruise to Bermuda. The ship docks at

Kings Wharf. For the short time I am there is Hamilton a better place

to spend the day shopping or St. George. Also, is there a ferry that

goes to St. George?

Hamilton is the place to shop. All the stores are there. St. George is a very historic town, but not much on shopping. The ferry runs from dockyard to St. George and takes about 40 minutes. Its a very scenic trip.

I just got back from Bermuda (5 day EOS), and I couldnt believe all of the stores that were closed. I was really kinda relieved, that way I didnt spend too much money.I actually found most of my gifts at the mall type stores at the Dockyard. My favorite gift was a picture frame covered with pink sand, and then shells and sea glass applied. My son is having a beach wedding in Feb, so I plan on using it for one of the pictures.Enjoy your cruise! Dot

I just got back from Bermuda (5 day EOS), and I couldnt believe all of the stores that were closed. I was really kinda relieved, that way I didnt spend too much money.I actually found most of my gifts at the mall type stores at the Dockyard. My favorite gift was a picture frame covered with pink sand, and then shells and sea glass applied. My son is having a beach wedding in Feb, so I plan on using it for one of the pictures.Enjoy your cruise! Dot

Are you talking about Hamilton when you said that a lot of stores were closed. Is it still worth taking the ferry from the Dockyard?

I remember Hamilton being the best place to shop for clothes and souveniers.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

We were in Bermuda on Monday and Tuesday, and there were a lot of places closed everywhere we went. We spent time in Hamilton, St Georges, and the Dockyards. I think you will find plenty of places to shop though.I had heard before leaving that they close up stores and I found that to be true. Some would open before we left the area, and some were closed for hours and never opened before leaving. Its not the Carribean where they totally depend on a cruiseship for their livelyhood. But dont worry, Im sure you will be able to get as much shopping in as you want!:D Dot

Thank you for your responses.

This is hard to believe. In all the years we have been going to Bermuda, there has never been a problem with stores being closed.

Part of the fun is going up and down the streets and in and out of the stores.

There are still ships going there, so I wonder why this is happening.

Thank you for your responses.

This is hard to believe. In all the years we have been going to Bermuda, there has never been a problem with stores being closed.

Part of the fun is going up and down the streets and in and out of the stores.

There are still ships going there, so I wonder why this is happening.

I have no idea as this was my first trip, but I was a little disappointed because Im like you, I go in and out. But, there will be enough stores to visit, Im sure. I did find more of the shops open at the Dockyard, this might be because this is where we docked? And, they could have been taking very long lunch breaks. Im not sure where I am researching, if it was on CC or trip advisor, but people had mentioned that shops close very early. So, I was prepared for shops being closed. Since it was my first trip, I wanted to explore more than shop. Dot

Please explain "all of the stores that were closed" :eek:

You are scaring the people by that comment. Exactly what DATE and TIME were you in Hamilton when you found "all the stores" closed??!!

The opening hours in Hamilton varies by the store but a lot of them are open by 9am. They all close at 5:00 except for a handful. On Wednesday evenings more stores open till 9pm because of the Harbour Nights.

I took an early morning Monday excursion that ended in Hamilton for shopping. I did not see any stores closed. Maybe some of the posters here mean that an old favorite is no longer open? There were lots of restaurant and souvenir type stores open. There were also quite a few upscale stores that we looked around in, but did not necessarily make purchases in. There were at least 2 or 3 places that specialized in makeup and perfume, plus many other specialty stores.

I certainly dont mean to "scare" anyone. But, when we ended our tour in Hamilton instead of going back to the Dockyard so that we could wander around a little, and A LOT of stores were closed. Like I said, some opened after we got a little further down the road, so we doubled back and went into them. Some were still closed after a couple of hours. Im not sure the exact time, but it was after lunch. ...Now that Ive had to repeat the same thing Ive already said, Im sure that I might have "scared" more people. Sorry if thats the case. AS I said above, Im sure you will find more than enough stores OPEN. Sorry to have scared or offended anyone,especially store owners in Hamilton. This was on Monday July 28th.

Archived