First time on Holland America

cruisefan42

I am just wondering about the demographic of HAL cruisers. I am cruising with my mom 65 and great aunt 85. I have sailed mostly on Princess and Celebrity, I find they both have a mix of ages onboard. I am reading a lot about HAL being an older crowd, which is why we chose this sailing, both older ladies are single!

I am just wondering about the demographic of HAL cruisers. I am cruising with my mom 65 and great aunt 85. I have sailed mostly on Princess and Celebrity, I find they both have a mix of ages onboard. I am reading a lot about HAL being an older crowd, which is why we chose this sailing, both older ladies are single!

You do get a mix on Hal and depending on the time of the year, holidays etc. you can see alot of younger people but on the whole Hal's passengers are older. I think your mom and aunt will fit right in. Not to worry.

There were a few children on our cruise and even some families with babies! (like the one next door!) Some quite old folks with walkers or scooters. But a large group about our ages - 50's or so. There's such a nice variety of entertainment ... so if they prefer the classical quartet over the piano bar, they have that choice.

Archived