Junior Suite Tipping Question

I have just finished running a search for this and have not found this topic readily covered.

Jr Suite attendant tip... is it the regular cabin or the actual suite rate????

I know the only thing this category gets us is a bit more room. That's why I am asking.

Thanks for your input!

It's the size of two OS! I was thinking DOUBLE the reg suite tips. Am I wrong?

You are incorrect. You are of course free to tip however much you want to, but the recommended rate for tipping your cabin steward is $3.50/day for a non-suite cabin (up to and including JS) and $5.75/day for a full suite (GS, OS, RFS and RS).

You are incorrect. You are of course free to tip however much you want to, but the recommended rate for tipping your cabin steward is $3.50/day for a non-suite cabin (up to and including JS) and $5.75/day for a full suite (GS, OS, RFS and RS).

I had no idea. Thanks for the help. :)

I have just finished running a search for this and have not found this topic readily covered.

Jr Suite attendant tip... is it the regular cabin or the actual suite rate????

I know the only thing this category gets us is a bit more room. That's why I am asking.

Thanks for your input!

:cool: Thank you folks for your answers. I am taking a cruise next month with my first JS. I assume that since it counts for two cruise credits, that it was considered a "suite" for tip consideration. I usually tip more than recommended amount since I feel that I always get extra service from RCCL, but now I know that my amount can be based on regular room rate plus any extra that I consider appropriate. That you cruise critics:cool:

:cool: Thank you folks for your answers. I am taking a cruise next month with my first JS. I assume that since it counts for two cruise credits, that it was considered a "suite" for tip consideration. I usually tip more than recommended amount since I feel that I always get extra service from RCCL, but now I know that my amount can be based on regular room rate plus any extra that I consider appropriate. That you cruise critics:cool:

And this is part of the reason many of us wish they would change the name of the JS category because it is the suite that is not really a suite (i.e. no suite tips and no concierge lounge access).

I agree on the JS category name change. Had a JS on Mariner last Nov. and the only perks over a regular balcony were:

1. larger room, plus the walk in closet

2. tub/shower combo

3. vip embarkation

Really enjoyed the room, even though not a suite.:D

I agree on the JS category name change. Had a JS on Mariner last Nov. and the only perks over a regular balcony were:

2. tub/shower combo

3. vip embarkation

And in some ports the JS doesn't even get priority embarkation.

2. tub/shower combo

3. vip embarkation

That alone makes it SWEET! Um, I mean suite... no - no - sweet! :)

(and less dangerous for shaving my legs! ;) )

Jack........the JS does not count towards 2 cruise credits. You get "1" cruise credit for sailing in a JS and one for completing your 7 day cruise........so that would get you 2 cruise credits for your sailing.

For clarification purposes..................The JS cabins on Sovereign and Vision class ships have the tub, but do not have the walk in closets. These can only be found on Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class ships.

Archived