Dolphin swim and Dune buggy Questions

DoubleDee2

What is the best way to pre-book the dolphin swim in Cozumel? Are the various tour operators or just one main company? Any recommendations and/or advice? We want to do the one where they push you through the water. Also, we are interested in also doing a dune buggy tour also. IS it possible to do both if we are in port from 7am to 6pm? Any advice for booking the dune buggy tour?

I booked direct through http://www.dolphindiscovery.com, the actual vendor providing the trip. They charge the same rate as Cozumel Insider, but booking through Cozumel Insider only got me wait-listed for the Royal Swim (what you're wanting to do) on 12/8. Booking direct, I was able to get an actual spot, so I cancelled my reservation with Cozumel Insider.

What is the best way to pre-book the dolphin swim in Cozumel? Are the various tour operators or just one main company? Any recommendations and/or advice? We want to do the one where they push you through the water. Also, we are interested in also doing a dune buggy tour also. IS it possible to do both if we are in port from 7am to 6pm? Any advice for booking the dune buggy tour?

I am interested in the dolphin swim too. carnival has a shore excursion. Is it worth it I have always wanted to do this. Sandye

I am interested in the dolphin swim too. carnival has a shore excursion. Is it worth it I have always wanted to do this. Sandye
If you're set on the dolphin swim, you can do the exact same excursion Carnival offers for less if you book on your own. Check out http://www.cozumelinsider.com or http://www.dolphindiscovery.com . They both charge the same prices and have all the same events, but availability may differ between the two. Booking direct will save you $30-$40/pp, you're doing the exact same excursion those from the ship are doing, and you can reserve your spot before you set foot on the ship!

Chip Brady...Can you tell me a little more about the Dune Buggy. I was looking at one through Eagle Ray Divers, but it is the same as the other have too. Did you have a lot of people from you ship going on this one? We have 4 of us that are interested in it.

We booked direct with http://www.dolphindiscovery.com, they were great, and guarantee a refund if for any reason the ship is unable to dock. Although I did the reservation over the internet, they phoned me at home in the UK to arrange the time as they were unable to confirm my first choice. Don't forget when making your reservation that ships time is usually 1 hour ahead of Cozumel time, it is one of the few ports where you usually stay on ships time instead of being on local time. Play safe by booking on the 12.00 or 2.00pm Royal Swim. Also if you go, buy a waterproof disposable camera as you can keep one of these with you and take your own photos. We bought the video which ws pretty good but to buy the photos they had taken would have made it really expensive.

Have a great cruise.

30 cruises to date

Century 13 Nov only 10 days to go!

MadCarter: every ship is different regarding ship time vs. Cozumel time.

For everyone, if you have a question about this, it's best to post it on the forum for your cruiseline. Someone will have just returned from the cruise you are going on, on your ship and can tell you how they handle the time.

Do not count on ship's time being the same as Cozumel, and don't count on it being an hour ahead. And don't miss the boat! This is a tricky one.

When I was in Cosmuel on my September 2003 cruise on Celebrity, I booked the dolphin swim at Chankanaab through dolphindiscovery.com and it was fantastic . . . both the service and the swim. Had a ball! Will be sailing on Carnival next April and want to do the dolphin swim again . . . and the sea lion swim. Discovery offers a package for $135.00 (I think that was the amount and it includes entrance to the park and sea lion show) that I'd like to take. Has anyone ever booked this package? Has anyone ever done the sea lion swim? Is it worth the money ($135.00 plus about $20.00 round trip taxi to the park . . . I'm traveling alone so will have to pay for a taxi for one)? Also, if one books this package through the cruise line (if it's even offered) does it include transportation? Help!

Most cruise ships only offer the Dolphin Encounter. I believe their prices include transportation to and from the park (on their schedule).

To the best of my knowledge, the cruise lines don't offer the specially priced packages at all.

The $135 package (actually $136...no biggie) includes the dolphin snorkel/swim adventure, sea lion swim, sea lion show and park entrance.

Archived