Balconies on Ruby Princess

rainbowbeach

Booking for Jan. 2009 on Ruby Princess. This is only our 2nd cruise and first on Princess. Have been reading about balconies on other Princess ships and a bit confused. We are being offered mini-suites on the Dolphin Deck at a cheaper price than the Emerald Deck. Even though the ones on the Dolphin Deck (AC) are a higher category, it seems from what I'm reading the Emerald ones are better?? Also see good comments about the Caribe Deck, but not sure what that category is. I see the boats are off the Emerald Deck as well - can anyone shed any light on this? Any recommendations?? Thanks

Booking for Jan. 2009 on Ruby Princess. This is only our 2nd cruise and first on Princess. Have been reading about balconies on other Princess ships and a bit confused. We are being offered mini-suites on the Dolphin Deck at a cheaper price than the Emerald Deck. Even though the ones on the Dolphin Deck (AC) are a higher category, it seems from what I'm reading the Emerald ones are better?? Also see good comments about the Caribe Deck, but not sure what that category is. I see the boats are off the Emerald Deck as well - can anyone shed any light on this? Any recommendations?? Thanks

Mini-suites on the Dolphn Deck are exposed (no cover). Mini-Suites on the Emerald Deck are covered. I'm not sure which category are on the Caribe Deck.

Other then the balcony being covered on Emerald deck/Dolphin fully exposed, the mini's on Emerald/Dolphin deck are identical. :)

Caribe deck balconies are cat BB/BA. The balconies here are just as big as the mini's but the cabin is smaller.

The lifeboats are a non factor and cannot be seen.

Archived