Well, now that the Fantasy is officially (temp) mooved to Mobile, I have a question.

Top-Cat

This is the 2nd time i have booked from NO and both times have been bumped due to problems with the river. Oh well....

Need tips for boarding in Mobile.

What time to get to port?

Is this a small port and do the lines move?

Large Terminal?

Plenty of room to park?

Pain in the Wha-Zoo to get to or easy access?

Anything else you might want to add is appreciated. I have never ported here.

Thanks

Top,

We just went on the Holiday out of Mobile last week and use to live in Mobile.

We got in line at the terminal to park around 11:30 a.m. for a 4:00 p.m. departure. It took us about an hour to park and get through the terminal.

Mobile is a small port (only one cruise ship there at a time). The lines move well and the people are really friendly. They seem to be mostly retired / part time folks.

The terminal is adequate in size. You won't have to worry about getting lost in it or being confused about where to go.

There is plenty of room to park in a covered garage. I wasn't aware Carnival charges $75 to park for a five day cruise. I thought that was a rip off!

Easy access to get off I-10 and right into the parking terminal. There are adequate signs on the interstate to tell you where to get off.

I HIGHLY recommend not to follow the cruise ships shopping "directors" advice. I realized Carnival probably has a vested interest in the stores and shops she directs you to. We had better luck and found better deals shopping the shops on the side streets in Cozumel that she doesn't tell you about.

We hired a cab driver for $20 an hour in Cozumel. He lives 15 blocks from the pier and took us to some amazing spots. He took us to Playa Palancar beach and there were only 30 people on the beach! (I was in the water and counted because I was amazed at how few people were there).

We did the Fat Cat catamaran out of Calica and it was absolutely awesome! Our entire family (daughter 17, son 11, wife and my self) felt it was the highlight of our trip. I think their website is fatcatsail.com or madaboutboats.com.

They picked us up at the port and the transportation was included.

Let me know if I can provide any other details. Happy sailing!

Wise,

Thank you so much for responding and your "wise" tips. We will take those to heart. Sounds like you had a good trip. We are not going to Calica, unless they have changed that too??? We are supose to go to Progresso. But, then maybe I better check that out.

Thanks again!

Archived