an OMG upgrade!!!!

Hdietsche1

Well, the same theory fits and why it costs more to have a higher cabin, its thought to be more convenient. I would pay something, not much though, to be higher on a ship. unlike you we cant even do one flight of stairs and so we feel like we are always waiting and taking elevators. I loved when I paid to upgrade to Lido deck, was worth every penny.

We are all different, and I get it, that its not worth anything to you. Iv read quite a few of your posts on the subject when folks ask if they got a nice upgrade and you always rain on their parade. No offense, hope you are not offended, we just disagree that having a higher deck to me is nicer, but not to you. I still like you the same :D

btw we also try and pick closer to elevators, because my sister has mobility problems, and then two future cruises her friend is coming on a walker. We also have to sit only in the back row at the theater. How mobile you are can influence your choice, just my opinion.

A mobility problem is a wild deuce I did not figure in my equation. Altho, I can see my own mobility problems over the, "not nearly so far now," horizon. 67 years young?:rolleyes: today. Up to 8 years ago I never thought there was a limit to my physical strength. Then I had a heart attack, and now daily, I'm shocked at my noticeable weaknesses. This old age ain't for sissies. Things I once could do without any effort, now take a tool and much effort to do.

On the pseudo upgrade issue, mobility aside. The normal 'IS' upgrades by the cruiselines of a 4C or D in place of a 4A is the real hokum that bugs me.

No change in view, no change in cabin size, amenities, or comforts, BUT a higher price if it was purchased at booking. And I believe that higher price on the sea is strictly tradition carried over from the old days of class segregated ocean crossings on non A/Ced ships. [The higher up you were the more chance you had that you would be able to breathe:eek:].

I've never rained on anybody's parade if they were actually upgraded from a inside to an OV. Same deck, or higher deck, that's a 4 to a 6 and it is an upgrade.

Let's say you take the widest view of upgrades and I take a very narrow view of them.

Dan

Just wait till you see the bathroom. My favorite part of a suite was the vanity!

And no special embarkation as they said above, but you get a real low number!

I think you meant disembarkation. They do get VIP boarding at embarkation.

Here I come with my bucket of vinegar. This is NO upgrade. If I understand it, Carnival called and offered to UPSELL him/her to a suite for $500.00 MORE DOLLARS. It is an UPSELL not an upgrade. Upgrades by the cruiseline are FREE, anything else is an upsale. Is it a good deal? Probably, don't know the price of the OV or if it was $500.00 total or $500.pp.

But calling it an upgrade is the same as calling it a banana or an airplane. Its none of those, its an upsell by Carnival.

Must reload vinegar bucket.

Dan

I agree and I really am very very positive toward Carnival as my family and I love the line and do not want to sail on another. I am happy that you are happy with this "upgrade". Personally, we stay in OV's that connect and I agree with the above poster that it is not an upgrade it is an upsell.

Now, if they gave it to me for free, that IS another story!;)

I don't mind Carnival calling everyone and their brother to try to fill the more expensive cabins (to then more easily sell the less expensive ones) - I agree, a SMART move in this economy! We received the same call, and the same story (offered us a Cat 12 in exchange for a few $ and our Aft-Corner 9A... even if FREE, no thanks!)

What I do mind is that they are feeding everyone the same LINE OF S&*%... "A large group canceled..."

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Well, many people were born yesterday, so I am sure that rings true to them.

In the end, if you pay for an upgrade - and are happy with the terms, then ALL IS WELL!!!

Tom

I am very happy with the terms of my UPSELL. I am not stupid and I looked at the whole picture before I paid them. Carnival is a business and they are looking out for themselves first. I never believe any of the crap any company feeds me when it comes to travel upgrades etc. I listen to what is being offered and do not care why it is being offered. Bottom line is that I am going on a 5 day cruise for 4 in a penthouse suite category 12 for just over 2 grand. When I booked I originally got a 4 category UPGRADE to the OV. Hmmmm pay for an inside and eventually get a suite. So yes I am happy. Thanks all of you for looking out for me. I did the right decision for me.

Archived