Leaving Tomorrow! Where is the "Secret Door" Site?

NewCruiser10

We are leaving for Florida tomorrow morning for our August 9th Glory cruise. I thought that I bookmarked the site that tells you where the secret door is to the outside area on the ship that many people don't know about. Can anyone help me find this site? Thanks!!!

Dont have the thread, but deck 9 go all the way foward on the port side,and you will see a door w/ a port hole, go through that one and let it shut first..... then open the 2nd door and you will be there. It is pretty cool as not many people go there. And deck 9 is right above the captains staition so you can go out to the extended sides and look back over the entire ship. It is GREAT at night

Dont have the thread, but deck 9 go all the way foward on the port side,and you will see a door w/ a port hole, go through that one and let it shut first..... then open the 2nd door and you will be there. It is pretty cool as not many people go there. And deck 9 is right above the captains staition so you can go out to the extended sides and look back over the entire ship. It is GREAT at night

You can also get to that same area on deck 6, 7 and 8, port or starboard side. Some have a bench to sit on some not.

Do they have a secret door on the Spirit, if so can anyone tell me where it is. Thank you. Delores

It's not really a "secret". They're clearly visible on any deck plan you can find on the web. For instance:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/847932/CarnivalSpirit/verandah-plan.htm

This is the deck plan for the Spirit "Verandah" deck. Look all the way forward. there's a little hallway that goes to a deck at the front of the ship between cabins 7101 and 7103.

Nothing really special. Just a small deck with nothing on it (except maybe a wooden bench) that overlooks the bow of the ship.

It a great place to take pictures from, no matter if you are sailing or not....I have a great picture of our ship sailing into St. Thomas into the sunrise between two islands.....Dennis

Just don't expect your 'hairstyle' to stay put and watching out for flying sunhats - it gets pretty windy out there! Also beware the slamming doors due to the draft! But definitely great photo ops out there esp when coming into a port! Enjoy.

Also beware the slamming doors due to the draft! Enjoy.

Looks like TERMITEJR has the solution for the slamming door issue.;)

We had an inside room near the doors and spent alot of time out there. On the day we were to leave progresso, we were delayed by heavy winds. Left after midnight and the view up front was scary and awesum. We watched the captain manuver us though the port via the "runway" lights. It was amazing! With the strong winds and all that coral it was very scary to think would could happen. After that cruise Glory cancelled that port.

Great part was, we didn't get back to port Canaveral until 5pm for debarkment.........glad I wasn't one of the poor ones waiting to get on the next cruise. :D

Those secret doors are not so secret. They are on deck 6,,7,9, and 10. Deck 9 has the one with the wings over the water, which is over the bridge on Deck 8. If you have little kids, don't bother with this area as the railings are really high and a young one wouldn't be able to see over the edge....My niece was 11 when we went on the Conquest and we went to the Deck 7 forward observation and she couldn't see much, heck, the railing came up to my chest (and I am 5'7").

Yeah, be very careful with those doors, and keep a very firm grip on them when going through them, especially with youngsters -- the force of the wind will slam them shut with a vengeance. You do not want any part of you anywhere near that doorframe when that happens.

Yeah, be very careful with those doors, and keep a very firm grip on them when going through them, especially with youngsters -- the force of the wind will slam them shut with a vengeance. You do not want any part of you anywhere near that doorframe when that happens.

Thank you - Made serious note to self that those doors can take a finger or two or three.....off. :eek: or for sure make you feel like they're missing.

Archived