Priceline Cancellation

hatchetjack5

OK, so I booked a room online and got the marriott miami airport and when I got on thier website, there pool is closed until Nov 1st. We are traveling with 3 children, and a pool is a MUST. Is there anything that I can do?

It does say that transportation is provided to a different pool, but I don't want that. I want the convienance of a pool at my hotel.

OK, so I booked a room online and got the marriott miami airport and when I got on thier website, there pool is closed until Nov 1st. We are traveling with 3 children, and a pool is a MUST. Is there anything that I can do?

It does say that transportation is provided to a different pool, but I don't want that. I want the convienance of a pool at my hotel.

You might have recourse if they advertised the hotel before you bid as having a pool. You'd really need to read the fine print to be sure as it may be like bedding choice, something they don't guarantee.

Hopefully someone else with more experience can answer this for you. Either way, a call to Priceline can't hurt.

Generally Priceline is non cancelable. Because the hotel offers transportation to another pool, I'd guess that would have to work.

When you have specific bedding needs, pools, location etc, it is not wise to book thru Priceline. What if there is only one king sized bed in the room? Your room is guaranteed to sleep two people. That's it. You need to follow up with a call to the Marriott and specify that you would like a another arrangement. But remember, nothing is guaranteed with Priceline.

I booked a hotel with price line and normally have had great luck I got the inverrary resort and after checking reviews it is A. lousy dirty B. They add a $15.00 resort fee etc at any rate I emailed priceline and said what gives here is the response:::

Thank you for taking the time to send us an e-mail. We understand that you are unhappy with the reviews for your hotel reservation at the Inverrary Vacation Resort.

We evaluate each participating property on many different criteria, including cleanliness, guest satisfaction, decor, etc. We screen participating hotels carefully and update our information constantly to ensure that you always receive the best available hotel.

We are sorry to hear that you feel that this hotel does not meet your expectations. While placing your request, you agreed to accept any 2.5 or higher star hotel within the area(s) you selected. Your hotel does have a 2.5 star rating.

All properties offered through priceline.com have been evaluated according to the specific star level standards that we have developed exclusively for our program and described on our web site. While you may feel that this property should have a different star rating or is rated differently by other groups, we are confident that our evaluation of this property will meet your expectations.

By naming your own price, you saved $127.00 or 70% based on the lowest published rate available at the time of booking. You would not have received these savings had you booked your reservation through the hotel or on another website; however, one of the reasons we are able to offer superior savings, is because name your own price reservations come with more restrictions, including the agreement that they will not be cancelled.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

Again, read the fine print but you may have recourse through your credit card company if they claimed certain ammenities that wont be there. What does Priceline claim your hotel should have based on its star rating?

I tried to click on Priceline's "Terms & Conditions;" unfortunately, the link isn't working for me so I can't view them.

Good luck.

I booked a hotel with price line and normally have had great luck I got the inverrary resort and after checking reviews it is A. lousy dirty B. They add a $15.00 resort fee etc at any rate I emailed priceline and said what gives here is the response:::

I have used Priceline for my Nov and Feb cruises and am overall happy with what I got, so I hope it all works out. I too received the Inverrary for one night in Feb but decided to just spend an extra night pre cruise in Key West rather then go there after reading the reviews. I'm just going to have to eat it. But decided the extra time in Key West and avoiding the Inverrary was worth it. I guess star ratings are a bit subjective!

I too received the Inverrary for one night in Feb but decided to just spend an extra night pre cruise in Key West rather then go there after reading the reviews. I'm just going to have to eat it. But decided the extra time in Key West and avoiding the Inverrary was worth it. I guess star ratings are a bit subjective!

I have not seen a good report on the inverrary and I too think I am going to eat the night. I went back and forth with priceline and they did send a 10.00 off my next booking but I understand the fine print etc but I think in this case with all the bad reviews, working going on, etc that is mis representation but so it goes

Pete

Priceline is going to refund my money.

I called priceline which then called the hotel and the hotel agreed not to charge priceline, so priceline did not charge me.

Yeah!

Oh, it would have been a bad start to our vacation.

I think that's great. In your case I think there was a major amenity missing so I'm glad the hotel did the right thing.

I called priceline which then called the hotel and the hotel agreed not to charge priceline, so priceline did not charge me.

Yeah!

It's good to see that the hotel and Priceline and acting in a reputable manner and they should be commended for it.

Yeah!

You are fortunate. Perhaps you would be better using a site like hotwire or easyclicktravel. You will have a better idea of what you MIGHT win.

I still believe that with 3 children you should be hand picking your hotel. Not taking any chances. The bedding issue would be my concern for you. We use PL only when we don't have any specific needs. Again, do your rewsearch on betterbidding.com or biddingfortravel.com to learn the ropes.

If you DO decide to use Priceline, I wouldn't bid for anything under a full 3 or 4 star hotel. Generally you can't go wrong there.

Yes, go to the beach or find another hotel.

Archived